The threeds is 10 years old.

i was looking for interesting jp-only stuff to put on my newly hacked 3ds, and came across this series

it’s about building underground bases and preparing for giant monster attacks! it looks really cool, but it’s very menu and text-heavy so i haven’t really been able to get anywhere

1 Like

big ronk post talking about the 3DS (my current favorite system) and all the games i like/recommend that everyone already probably knows about but whatev.

i’ve said it a bunch of times but Super Mario 3D Land is the greatest Mario game of the past 10 years (save for Mario 3D World, but none of y’all like/own a Wii U) and it is an absolute must for the system if you like any 3D Mario, but i will say it honestly doesn’t get exceptionally good until you unlock the “real” game (after collecting all the star coins, getting all the golden flags etc.) when it takes the ideas presented in the front half and makes challenging/clever use of them.

• Rhythm Heaven Megamix is just a collection of the minigames from the past RH titles but it’s a neat package, plus more, cannot recommend enough.
  • Smash Bros 3DS is surprisingly competent and even the online isn’t terrible (tried it again the other day for the first time in ages, ran fairly stable)
  • Super Street Fighter IV is also a surprisingly competent and good port.
  • Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball is the F2P game where you buy Wario Ware-style, baseball-themed microgames from a divorced dog dad. actually having the ability to haggle the real world prices down to about a buck each (while he cries and whines that he can’t afford to feed his many children) is certainly a novel way to approach microtransactions
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns takes the Wii game and actually makes it playable/fun. Good if you like DKC.
  • Mario Golf: World Tour is an alright Mario Golf game. not as good as the GBC RPG one, but it’s fun enough.
  • Fire Emblem Awakening is a game that i haven’t beaten yet, but have a lot of fondness for and is maybe one of the few SJRPGS that i like, and all the anime/friendship/dating bits are charming.
  • BoxBoy! is a neat little puzzle platformer from HAL Labs, plus you can give your little box many hats.
  • the ports of Olli Olli, Shovel Knight, VVVVVV and Cave Story are good if you want to have those games on the go.

i have Attack of the Friday Monsters and all the Zeldas (ALBW, OOT, MM) but haven’t really played any of them.

i have tons of games downloaded on my New 3DS, but honestly, really, i only play the 3D ports of Fantasy Zone and Outrun

2 Likes

is there any way of taking screenshots of dsiware games, other than buying and installing a 3ds capture card?

i want to breathe new life into my 3ds games library and enthuse myself toward it again thru upgrading my hardware. what is the best (new) 3ds hardware??? is anyone here selling anything!?!?!?

Are the $100 new 3DS’s all gone? I jumped on that because a) the smaller, better screen is miles more pleasant than my 3DS XL’s musty thing, b) the 3D actually works and I’ve gotten a lot more out of 3D Galaxy Force 2 and its siblings.

3DS supply has dried up most everywhere. You have to find them used or grey market unless you’re OK with a 2DS.

Yeah, that’s what I figured when they announced that price.

Wow, looks like it’s easier to get a new Vita than a 3DS on Google… (by the way I’m finally living the portable emulator dream with my Vita and it’s quite a life!)

Yesterday I learned about this and need to check it out.

2 Likes

what’s the limit of what the vita can emulate? dreamcast? saturn? ps2?

I get the feeling Saturn will eventually be possible, but not right now. PS1 sometimes gives it fits but eventually the native emulator should be working.

SSF is still strictly two threads at most like dolphin afaik, and to get a playable speed on the vita it’d have to be able to efficiently max out all four

I picked up Kirby: Planet Robobot today, cuz watching about 10 minutes of this video convinced me it was worthwhile. I’m only on stage 3, but the game is good! It has that playful, smarter-than-it-looks vibe that I loved in Kirby Superstar. It kind of feels like an old-fashioned late-gameboy-color Nintendo platformer, back when they were packing in as many offbeat ideas into each game as possible.

*You can get in a mech and your mech can absorb enemies to get special mech powers that are different from the regular powers
*Each power you can absorb has a robust Super Smash Bros. style moveset that you can read about on the pause screen.
*They use the “robots invade Dreamland” premise to have fun fucking around with biomechanical versions of classic Kirby enemies
*There’s a city of Waddle Dees and they drive their little cars at you on their way to work and if you have your mech you can cause tragic car accidents
*There are 2 bonus games inside this cartridge that play totally differently, and one of them is a top-down 3D score attack game where you inhale and shoot enemies to get combos. It feels so good that Nintendo’s now making a whole game of it.
*I’m in2 it.

3 Likes

oh my god

1 Like

Nooooo!!

Just got an ESP ability that gives you a Ness hat and his PK Thunder ability from Super Smash Bros.!

1 Like

I just picked up a 2DS XL because I wanted to play Animal Crossing in style. I also snagged Ultimate NES Remix and it’s really pretty fun. Feels like they made a whole game out of 9Volt’s stage from Wario Ware. The remix stages where they mix stuff up from multiple NES games are really enjoyable. I had to avoid boos while fighting Wispy Woods!

2 Likes

So when’re you inviting me over to your AC town :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

I’m real embarassed because I just started and my house is tiny and on Halloween those damn animals stole all my clothes so I’m just wearing rags! But I’ll dig up my friend code soon and you can come sift through the refuse of my terrible village!

Oh god is that what they do when you don’t have candy D:

Don’t worry about your town, mine’s dotted with patterns so animals don’t move into bad spots so it looks terrible.

I’ll bring you pressies~

If you have Tangy or any other cool cats I might steal them though~

I haven’t played New Leaf for a while, I sure hope Jitters is still there