THE SPHERE! IS! ELECTRIC! (Ace Combat)

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

wowie. my main interest in ace combat is as a large-scale terrain exploration game and in that aspect this game looks so good I can’t wait to take photos of it!!!

Excellent choice! Ace Combat games from 3 onwards are nothing if not brilliantly photogenic.

2 Likes

Sooo pretty

Though I have to admit I saw this thread was updated and hoped there was finally a release date

Yeah, I was hoping for one since they dropped a trailer now. I think I’m going to temper my expectations a little, even though they apparently will be showing it at gamescom. At this point, unless they announce otherwise, I’m just going to assume it won’t be until next year.

Also, pretty excited if the plot seems to be going in the rather vicious direction of throwing convicts at drone swarms, because why waste good people on robots, right?

this game is, iirc, the last title that has been on my initial list of ‘games that i absolutely wanted to play on the PS4’, and that hasn’t changed a bit.

the only thing that did change in the mean time, is the feeling that, considering the time it takes to put this out and the amount of players buying it, it may very well be the swan song for this series, if it doesn’t sell bizarrely good. I want this to be good enough that we may get another title like AC:0, but i doubt that we’ll dven see one for years to come, maybe even a decade… so, suddenly, i kinda feel like 'take your time, bamco,

it’s going to take a while

…’

Risky maneuvers like rushing through thunderclouds to wipe out enemy aircrafts or avoid hostile missiles are part of strategic action in ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN. Players will need to predict and deal with different meteorological events. Lightning strikes or icing may cause system problems and restricted visibility. The game also includes details such as water droplets on the canopy.

Set on the same Usean continent as in ACE COMBAT 3 and ACE COMBAT 4, the story revolves around the Second Usean Continental War which takes place in the year 2019. Players will join the Osean Air Defense Force and get involved in conflicts that cannot simply be divided into good against evil. The humanity of the characters and the fight of manned vs unmanned aircrafts on the battlefield are part of the overarching storyline.

ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN will also feature new weapons and flight controls. This allows for a wider range of tactics, including new futuristic superweapons and planes like the sturdy A-10C Thunderbolt II, as well as multipurpose fighter F-35C and high-performance aircraft Rafale M.

3 Likes

this is probably not really coming out this year, is it…

1 Like

:frowning:

I saw there were new replies to this thread and got very excited for a moment but

I don’t think it’s coming out this year either

:frowning:

2 Likes

Theeeeere it iiiiiiiis~

Will only believe it when it’s out, this tortoured soul cannot believe anymore…

1 Like

is this where I have to go for anime melodrama + military hardware now

7 Likes

Always been.

1 Like

well, I suppose I’ll pick up that PS VR in the next five months~

5 Likes