THE SPHERE! IS! ELECTRIC! (Ace Combat)

is it the same railgun as VR mission 3? because that thing is great, I was very skeptical that they were recommending a non homing weapon and I didn’t quite get how to use it at first, but it’s perfect for side attacks and it feels so good when you get a shot off

I haven’t tried the railgun yet, but yeah mission 11 is some fun as heck times. Also is totally the “just use the F18” mission, much like the first one you had to attack a big ground installation in was “dude the A10 is sweet, shut your mouth”.

1 Like

Streaming some of my 100% clear endeavors at twitch.tv/sponkmonkey

im really enjoying playing a modern videogame with distinct levels. especially levels that im struggling with and have to keep repeating and have to leave to try again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Following up on letting my grandpa experience VR for the first time over the weekend by sitting him down with the VR mode: he totally loved it. He had trouble with the controls, which I was expecting since he’s basically never played a video game other than Solitaire, so instead he let me pilot the plane around via the social screen as he looked around and kept saying how awesome it was.

He’s still in my IMs two days later telling me how amazing it felt to be flying around like that.

It does feel really wacky that I only managed to beat the first VR mission while not wearing the headset though. :thinking:

12 Likes

That’s awesome. File under things that make life worth living

had this experience last night (I’m playing on hard and this was the first spike) and the solution is 100% just “use the A10”

2 Likes

PC WOO HOO LET’S GO

mission 17 is tough. it’s the first time where my repeated failure is from taking damage rather than missing out on objectives.

mission 7 is when it hits you that this is like… the only full fledged, mission based, mech/flight semi-sim game of its quality for as long as modern shaders have been around

4 Likes

and I’m saying that as someone who liked verdict day more than anyone anywhere

2 Likes

The prep screens are sooooo good

Oh fuck I just realized that this is basically wing commander made by jet fighter nerds by way of afterburner

Listen to the awesome music that plays over the aircraft tree, it’s like a pc/arcade synth hybrid

(sorry, I couldn’t find a version with game sounds)

1 Like

57 posts were split to a new topic: this is my flight song

further to this, my one major complaint is that there’s no easy option to retry a mission with a different plane (you have to quit and reload and skip the intro cutscenes) which is kind of dumb given how many missions are near impossible if you aren’t using the right class of plane?

1 Like

At the end of each mission this game meticulously lists the exact aircraft shot down and when, and then lumps everything else into “ground targets”, no matter how unique or significant

This is a game about PLANES who cares about that boring shit on the ground

4 Likes

Play the current alpha here! https://rb-d2.itch.io/wingman

Apologies in the delay between major updates for Project Wingman. Things are going well for the development but it is taking slightly longer to do things as we’re finding new ways to give you the best experience possible for the eventual release.

We’ve mostly been working on other things other than Operation Blackout however, we don’t want to show too much too keep you surprised on what the campaign entails so here is an uncut gameplay of Operation Blackout in VR.

It’s currently running in UE4 Editor itself so the performance and framerate is slightly lower than intended compared to the packaged version. Currently it is running on medium settings.

Hopefully in the future, we can show you a few more things with the game overall improvements which some you may be able to observe in this video, and show more of Conquest mode once we’ve focused development on that aspect.

1 Like

I beat the game last night! That last part was… Bullshit. But also very exciting, so I guess it works?

Is there any reason to restart the campaign vs just replaying missions individually?

1 Like

I’m at 10 or 11, it’s too intense / difficult to do more than one or two missions a night for me

I’m really glad they make such extensive use of weather gimmicks, they’re so well implemented

1 Like