THE SPHERE! IS! ELECTRIC! (Ace Combat)

any general advice for avoiding missiles reliably? my main tactic so far has been to G-Force turn or slow down and turn in a direction opposite to where the missile is coming from. this works…most of the time, but not always?

also, is there an official flight stick for this game, or just 3rd party stuff? and, is it compatible between all consoles, or console specific? i want to play in VR with a stick, but also i think i’ll probably get this on XBOX at some point and it would be nice to use the stick on that, too.

My general easy missile avoidance is “go fast and when they get close, make a big turn” and it works pretty well, at least on Normal in campaign mode. MP is a bit different, but that works pretty well in SP.

Also chaffing if there are a whole bunch that are close.

1 Like

oh yeah, i keep forgetting chaff exists…

1 Like

I’ll probably be the opposite. I’ll chaff until they run out and then forget that just flying around madly works too

1 Like

I’m not really sure what I’m supposed to do on mission 10? I guess I have to follow missile trails back to SAMs, but don’t feel like I’ve come close to doing that fast enough? Is there a faster way than just memorizing where they are?

Nah that’s the right strategy. Prioritize enemy fighters when they try to intercept and go after the SAM sites during downtime.

Whoa, how do you know Burrito? He and I go way back.

Twitterdachi (twitter friends)

1 Like

Amazon took their sweet time about it, I only just now got my AC5 code

also it told me to redeem it on the Microsoft Store? lol

1 Like

Finished this last night, really dug it. I dunno if I was just finally getting back in the swing of things or if the late-tree planes make that much of a difference, but I was breezing through S-ranking the last few missions. I need to knock out the rest of the VR missions (they’re fantastic but exhaustingly dizzy) and go through 5 again but I’m really happy to see Ace Combat again.

Bring back Ridge Racer.

1 Like

can you land the planes in VR free flight mode? did they go full Microsoft Flight Simulator 3000?

I’ve only done one mission so I’m not sure if free flight even exists in VR (there’s no reason it wouldn’t i suppose) but you do both the takeoff and landing in that one mission.

Apparently when you beat all three VR missions you unlock Air Show mode where you just stand around on an aircraft carrier watching planes do loop-de-loops over heard, sounds like a cute reward.

5 Likes

OK I’m buying it

5 Likes

currently going through the campaign again on Hard. VR will have to wait until my flightstick is here

I just played the first VR mission on hard before touching anything else in the game and I crashed on my first try landing the plane

2 Likes

Mission 10 really sucks the dogfight with the drone at the end is really hard but you’re never in danger of dying so it’s just suuuuuper boring and tedious

i can’t get past Mission 6. mostly because i just can’t last the whole time. i usually die around 10 minutes into it, and that’s enough to make it so i can maybe retry a few times before i have to quit and do something else.

how to get good…

1 Like

just got straight C’s on the VR campaign on hard. I love how each mission is themed around a different subweapon and I really really love landing the plane afterward

Okay after a little break I came back and finished mission 10 without much of a problem,so maybe it’s not so bad. The first part is cool, though I wish the enemy locations were random.

Mission 11 though! Might be my favorite one so far

It’s ground attack mission against a naval fleet and a couple of ground platforms that require powerful, precise side attacks to destroy. I thought that the the FA-18 I had been flying was kind of the perfect fit after buying the anti-ship missile special weapon. Taking out the navy went okay except that there were a couple AEGIS cruisers that kept shooting down my missiles. However the platforms were very hard to attack and I wasn’t able to get a passing score. I tried out the A-10 but it did much worse. Then I noticed that the other special weapon for the super hornet is a fucking railgun. It was fucking awesome and it was the perfect fit for the mission. It was really fun learning how to use it and I had a good time working on better scores. I got to the point where I took out almost every ground target which was very satisfying.

A nice refreshing arcadey stage after getting frustrated with 10

1 Like