The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

i own a physical copy of 3ds andro dunos 2. it’s ok.
everyone should play eschatos, it’s over a decade old and still feels like it comes from the future. plus it comes with judgement silversword as an extra.

2 Likes

When you start the game it asks you to select a control scheme.

Summary




It makes an overdone special effect whenever you choose an option.

It’s got a tutorial that says it takes around 20 minutes, covering shmup basics and Angel at Dusk specific mechanics and strategies.

I just realized these screenshots were taken after I turned off the "R15" option in the game settings that said it controls whether the game has nipples or not, so this is technically NSFW. I think I like the R15/no nipple art better to be honest. Also the game has an esports mode in the game settings too that says it makes "enemy bullets appear as symbolic images"?

It has the same sense of humor. No idea if the game is any good yet, but at least it’s funny!

Summary







Then it starts lecturing you on the developer’s philosophy on shmups.

Edit: I think this might be the most comedic shmup I’ve ever played, despite you playing a bone ship shooting booby monsters that shoot bones and sperm-like bullets at you. Alongside the humorous writing, you can tell the developer is constantly playing with your expectations to pull off jokes using the game’s structure, giving the game constant levity. Also, why the heck are shmups always so high concept in their stories?

3 Likes

What’s the best Hori Shooter friends?

akai katana

or maybe thunderforce iv?

or darius gaiden

3 Likes

R-Type Delta!

3 Likes

it’s Gradius V

5 Likes

the best hori is deathsmiles

5 Likes

Fantasy Zone II (System 16)

2 Likes

giga wing / terra diver / radiant silvergun :smiling_imp: (joke answer)

idk about “best” but i’m quite fond of the konami title xexex and some of those irem games like x-multiply… also darius gaiden is great love that era of taito

3 Likes

gonna go darius gaiden or rtype

1 Like

I know it’s probably not best unless you measure different, but Aqua Kitty is the one I keep going back to.

It’s pretty much a Defender/Fantasy Zone homage with the robot fish enemies of Darius. It’s great. The sequel is something very much else and not as good but still an ok game. But the DX version of Milky Mine Defenders is top tier.

Cosmic Avenger, duh.

5 Likes

METAL BLACK

it took me a minute to figure out what hori shooter was i thought hori the controller people made shooters but i UNDERSTAND NOW

how did no one say the actually best one yet though thats so wild

5 Likes

I think this is my answer too.

1 Like
6 Likes

Switch port of Mushihimesama’s delisting Aug 10th.

1 Like

surely this means M2 is about to announce a mushi/futari combo pack shottriggers release, rather than cave doing something stupid like revoking the license for no reason. surely.

5 Likes

Is this a switch only thing or are the steam ports also on a timer?

it seems a new physical release of just the first game is coming out in japan on the 31st of august

1 Like

Raiden Nova

4 Likes