I think M2 have said that they actually couldn’t get Batrider to run up to their standards on PS4 ![]()
https://www.siliconera.com/m2-discusses-most-highly-requested-ports-why-they-havent-released-on-steam-and-more/ They said that over five years ago! We live in the future now!
So I think I have come around a bit on Sol Cresta, but it’s for a few mildly amusing, at least to me, reasons.
First is that they added a better scan line filter, which doesn’t totally fix the graphics, but makes them look a lot better.
Second is that, despite being called a ‘Neo Arcade Classic’ for it’s series, it is way more a PC Engine game in design, right down to the ‘shoot the power ups too much to get way too many lives’ and just constant weird score bonuses for doing different things.
It still has problems, as in it is very long, especially if you want to get to the top of the leaderboards. I did a full loop and a couple stages, and am slightly above 4 million points and like 27th place on the Switch leaderboards, but the guy in first is at 30 million. A loop takes like 30-40 minutes, so nope, I don’t have time to try for that.
It’s still a fun game and 1ccing it was enjoyable, though man the last stage does some Bullshit, ha.
Really wish it had a bespoke Caravan mode, and not just caravans of individual stages.
I think it’s a good game with some fun stuff, that ultimately is just too long for a loop.
Also, I feel like they didn’t really understand how hard some formations are to hit vs others?
oh shit, I had recently heard that it was close!
(what a stupid game)
Maybe CAVE will now make a real video game again
no, now they can finally be at peace…
goodbye…
they deserve a Second Loop
Which Cave game has the best True Final Boss?
i was gonna say saidaioujou until i realized she doesn’t scream moe nonsense in her true final boss form
this is the only one i’ve actually reached, since DFK is imo a lot easier than the other DDP games
Was this boss deemed imposssible?
I think I saw jaimers (best non japanese shmup player?) say that it’s only possible with the smaller hitbox of the EX ships and you need good RNG to not get certain impossible patterns
Warning Forever is 21 years old…
It’s still great!
Also new Under Defeat port for switch, PC, xbox and ps5 with a new soundtrack and visible ranks
