The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

Yeah, hopefully it’s an “interest check” April Fool’s joke like Fighting EX Layer.

Seriously I would be really pumped just for an HD port of Final, Irem. Don’t hurt me like this.

1 Like

r-type’s lore would work well with a let it die-type gimmick where you fight enemies that are corrupted versions of other players’ dead characters, with names attached

1 Like

Apparently R-Type Final 2 is not a joke after all. Unless saying it’s not a joke is part of the joke.

https://twitter.com/rtypefinal2_gz

5 Likes

How much do you love Battle Garegga? Last batch of pre-orders go up in around 1 hour and 10 minutes. It’s honestly a pretty good package.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/limited-run-263-battle-garegga-collectors-edition-ps4

(Standard edition for $40 here)

$129.99

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Battle Garegga Rev.2016 physical game for the PlayStation 4
Sega Saturn inspired longbox jewel case with tray card and booklet.
Blu-ray disc featuring an in-depth and intensive documentary about revered Japanese developer M2 from our friends at My Life In Gaming
Metal pin
Five postcards featuring game art
CD Soundtrack
2LP vinyl coundtrack in gatefold packaging
Original arcade poster recreation
Arcade operator's manual recreation
Arcade flyer recreation
Individually numbered premium rigid box that stores all contents safely and securely

1 Like

Release the shmups in the UK, M2.

1 Like

Posted this in bulletin witch, but

And some old video of gameplay/in-game-art

Wish I could just buy the vinyl, because most of the other stuff aside from the physical disc was in the JPN release that is sitting in my basement.

@boojiboy7 favorite comes home…for the tenth time

https://twitter.com/shmups/status/1129527201638969344?s=21

Remember how this game got two Xbox360 retail releases?

1 Like

Speaking of switch, Raiden V is coming too. Was that one any good?

i like raiden v.

Dear God why Radirgy or whatever. Why.

Raiden V is…not great. It’s fine.

cotton is getting a port to ps4, xbone and switch. i don’t know if it’s just the original or a compilation, though.

Loki…news thread…

a thread just for news? that’ll never catch on!

4 Likes

I went back to Game Tengoku Cruising Mix. Apparently the western version is barely translated?

Also i guess I chose the wrong girl the first time because it was a lot less embarassing this time around. It was still a noisy mess that must sound horrible to anyone not playing.

My last time I had also dumbed it down to very easy which was the right call to make it kind of breezy. Especially since the game demands you loop it twice and none of it seems well enough designed to encourage that level of play.

I ran through it multiple times in multiple moods including the saturn arrange mode that has full radio drama pixel scenes that go on for 5 minutes between stages. About what you would expect.

It’s a time capsule and I might write more serious about it.

Also while I was just doing everything finally booted up Deltazeal which I’ve owned for years at this point. Whenever it was first released. It’s mid-90s Raiden-like shooter. You fight tanks and jets. It apparently has alternate paths and strange scoring and bonus things happening depending on your performance. That’s nice I suppose. I could also just play Zero Ranger again.

Game Tengoku is the definition of niche, yeah. Still a bit torn on the game itself as the balance is really, really, really rough. I loved the game info skits though.

EDIT: put the OVA up as DLC you cowards

It bothers me a bit that LRG is using Saturn/Sega CD longboxes for games that were never released in them. Saturn Garegga was Japan only, so regular CD jewel case…

But Garegga has an all time great soundtrack, and I like vinyl, so there you have it, I ordered one. I am a little annoyed that they can’t say WHICH soundtrack is on the records (original, Saturn, the great Rev.2016 remix, etc…). I’m kinda pulling for the Rev.2016 one, but I do like them all. Hope it is mastered well.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention that another reason I wanted to get the Limited Run Battle Garegga is to encourage a Dangun Feveron special release. I would do bad, bad things for a vinyl release of the incomparably great VIP Arrange soundtrack from chibi-tech.

2 Likes
1 Like