The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

hasn’t been updated since the end of last year, not sure of how complete, but:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60868

the secret best thing learned from that thread:

Crimewave on saturn has an hidden TATE mode.

3 Likes

apparently, the ps4 version of ketsui is going to be called ketsui deathtiny

which is a hilariously bad name, i hope that’s true

2 Likes

APPROACH YOUR TARGET AND ATTACK!!
YOUR MISSION STARTS NOW
ARE YOU READY?

This just hit consoles, is it any good?

I played it on PC a few months back. The art is amazing, while the game is standard danmaku fare. It errs more on the easy side than most, and is pretty straightforward - not much in the way of in-depth mechanics. For ten bucks, it’s all right.

3 Likes

The good part of being able to read Japanese is that I can explain what the hell is different about Game Paradise Cruisin Mix SPECIAL from last years Game Parade Cruisin Mix.

The answer is sucking their tiny fanbase dry of money. It is the same game but they added arrange soundtracks and if you but THIS VERSION you get an ?exclusive? download code for a Tatsujin bonus ship.

Game Paradise Cruising Mix got a western release to no fanfare this summer. It is good but absolutely do not play it where anyone can see you. It is not something to be explained. I am not saying it is horny (it is) just it is a step beyond of NERD GAME.

3 Likes

A Tatsujin bonus ship is a pretty good bonus ship though!

Game Parade Cruisin Mix looks like a game made in Dezaemon.

r-type dimensions is apparently getting released on switch and steam. unexpected~

1 Like

Now if I can just get the 360 port of radiant silverspoon and akai katana on my desktop I can finally mothball my poor old 360

2 Likes

NinNinJump got a xbone BC so there is a tiny hope they will freaking do it.

1 Like

Hyakutaro Tsukumo!

3 Likes

:thinking:

I don’t know what to think that I could immediately identify what all those stages were more or less copying.

:geoglyph::moaineon::relax::dansemacabre:

4 Likes

Sega Ages Thunder Force IV on Switch (by M2) is fantastic. Last night I discovered that in addition to saving your own replays you can watch replays from the high score table! So I watched the #1 player absolutely destroy this game.

As you’d expect from M2, the emulation is also spot on with lots of display options, etc. I now need M2 to do this for all the classic shooters. I did read somewhere that Thunder Force III is also coming. Am I the only one who wants to see Elemental Master?

they already did thunderforce iii on 3ds, but i think it was only available as part of a physical collection that was only released in japan

5 Likes

Guess we all have to buy this on color scheme alone.

3 Likes