The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

I heard it has a super hard mode trigger thing like the max rank mode in Premium Garegga, though I haven’t ever gotten it myself.

I actually like it a lot, though it is a bit jarring with some of the sound effects.

1 Like

There are a handful of particular spots in most scrolling shooter games where I consistently lose at least one life and find myself wondering how anyone manages to get through games on one credit. (I’ve never made this a goal. I don’t think I could do it in any game other than Gradius 3 on SNES, which I believe I finished once or twice without dying when I was in high school.)

Last night I was playing through Crimzon Clover again and discovered that one of the spots where I’ve always died previously is not difficult at all if I approach it a different way (the final boss’s bouncing phase).

Of course, there are other games that kill me constantly and I have no hope of finishing. One such game is Firepower 2000. I haven’t played it in many years, but I remember being disappointed that I couldn’t see most of the stages. Now I guess I can, in videos.

Full disclosure I can’t get past the v beginning of stage 4 in garegga even though it’s maybe one of my favourite games

Most stgs best me by the fourth stage. Feels like I got bad technique

1 Like

ESPGaluda 2 is trying to lift 500 pounds.

1 Like

Darius Collection for Switch!

https://www.4gamer.net/games/425/G042534/20180702047/

5 Likes

They need to get some double Switch super widescreen stuff going like in that Mario Party trailer.

1 Like

the game tengoku is really fucking hard and also contains the heaviest amount of arcade otaku fanservice i think i’ve ever seen in a single game

there should be a way of publicly shaming people who play raiden v and don’t smash that mf cheer button

3 Likes
2 Likes

Is the above a Dreamcast port?

I like this boxart:

No Delta is a from the ground up new version of Psyvair 1. I will probably get it digitally on PS4 since there still isn’t a good Dpad on switch.

1 Like

Oh I see, thanks.

Does the PS4 controller have a good dpad? I hated the dpad on the PS3 controller, but the Switch arrow buttons don’t bother me at all.

Wow you’re like the first person I’ve seen with that opinion. The arrow keys drive me nuts when I’m playing a shooter. I don’t want to press buttons I want to roll my thumb around. Then again the first shooter I was really really into was Ikaruga on a GC pad so I have weird standards. I find the joycons unplayable for Ikaruga and gunbird.

The SB Discord has been talking about a hori shell, but apparently it drains battery life.

That makes sense. The joy-con arrow buttons don’t bother me for platformers and Picross. I don’t play a lot of shooters, but I prefer a thumbstick or touchscreen when I do.

It’s a “classic” series the same way Killzone is a “classic”.

4 Likes

Man, ready for more mountains of random crap to fly at your ship and you just never can summon the ability to care about any of it? Because that is the Radirgy experience.

Is anyone aware of a master list of tate-friendly PS4 shooters? I now have a monitor stand that will let me do it but all I’ve got for it is Blue Revolver on my Mac.

The M2 classics, Raiden V, hmm the arcade archives probably??

Looks like if someone made this list it would be…valuable.