The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

the cheer system in raiden v is super cute!

it’s a shame it kind of gives the game a shelflife though

1 Like

Tell me some more

Guess i should break out my copy.

I have a copy of Raiden V PS4 to sell.

1 Like

everyone who’s playing the game at the same time is connected, and it tells you every time someone like, scores a million points or kills 100 enemies or clears a stage or whatever, and you can press triangle to cheer.
there’s a special attack that charges faster when other players cheer for you

1 Like

A Hinge Problems review in two short posts.

1 Like

Nine Out of Ten

1 Like

Woah I never launched my US copy of Under Defeat. New Order mode ain’t great huh? Also don’t think I really love the game enough to grind it in Arcade either. Still fun to re-visit for an hour.

One day i will do the same for mamorukun but we can all agree hovering over the Ps3 icon for half a second is torture.

Dangun Feveron comes out the week after next in North America. Any froth?

Oh yes, I have froth.

2 Likes

i got ps4 dangun feveron!

i still can’t get past stage two in arcade mode ;_;

but there’s an m2-designed “fever mode” that’s incredibly easy, and i 1cced that first time :bbcool: it’s too wasy, really. though the changes it makes will please the stupid monkey “numbers go up” part of your brain, you’ll still only play it once.

there’s also a mode actually called “super easy” that i haven’t bothered with, but i assume is just like the novice mode on all the 360 cave games.

the stats screen mentions atime attack mode, that sounds like a caravan-type dealy rather than a speed test, though i can’t find it in any of the menus? :boh:

there’s a bunch of different soundtrack options, and oddly enough, the fm soundtrack is the worst! but i guess this is a game that really needs more sophisticated sounds to keep that disco feel~

anyway it is good

1 Like

out

1 Like

I have owned it since JP Release and spent some time with it a week ago. Kind of wish I got mahou daisakusen instead. It wasn’t grabbing me the first two hours so i switched to Super Easy saw the whole thing except for I assume the secret boss and kind of shrugged. The disco theme didn’t do anything for me. The scoring system is really stressful and about collecting all the things. I want a ship speed between 2 and 3 or I just want to be able to switch my speed later cave games style. Maybe this is buried in all the options I have been afraid to touch because of dangerous kanji and laziness.

i wish it weren’t true, but it just doesn’t work with this game’s music!

1 Like

To be fair, it’s not the most technically impressive arrangement by today’s standards. It sounds to me like the guy was aiming to get it sounding like an era-appropriate Toaplan FM soundtrack (e.g. Tatsujin, Vimana) but it does end up sounding a bit thin. It’ll be nice to get a hold of the soundtrack and have a better listen.

in case anyone hasn’t figured it out yet, you play caravan mode in dangun feveron by inserting a credit, then press start while holding square and x.

it’s a whole seperate stage that doesn’t appear in the main game, and it has its own extra little gimmick whereby flashing yellow circles appear when you fly over certain points on the ground, and if you hover over them, yellow post sprout from the ground that can be shot for more points and power ups

2 Likes
1 Like

Between that and Psyvariar, the Switch is starting to look like a pretty good option for shooter fans who want a portable.

nintendo make a dedicated tate single docked joycon control mode you cowards

2 Likes