THE POINTS OF F██KIN' MACHINE

Hello! There are five names left. Who will be chosen today?

It’s…
bingo machine

@aislesgrises ! Please let us know your choice before next Monday! To everyone else, good luck next time!

7 Likes

mr driller
ps1
arcade mode
2500 m

getting all air tanks and doing chains gets you more points.

9 Likes

Hi everyone!

Let’s give the machine another spin, okay?

bingo machine

The winner is me! Yes! Hahahahaha

I…uh…don’t know what I want yet though. I’ll get back to you all on that.

4 Likes

Updated list:

Round 1: Fish Fly Fever (this thread)
Round 2: Skate or Die 2
Round 3: Yo! Noid
Round 4: Valence
Round 5: Breaker
Round 6: Mr. Driller
Round 7: Libble Rabble

4 Likes

Ouch, man. Erasure hurts :frowning:

(My pick of BREAKER should be round 5)

4 Likes

I thought the list seemed a little short. Sorry about that. Breaker was one of my favorite picks, too.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Sorry for delaying the drafting of our next prized elector. I started a new job recently and it has taken up most of my time this past week. BUT! I have not forgotten the joys of chasing scores, so once again…

Without further ado…

the winner…

is…

bingo machine

@VastleCania !

Please let us know what your choice is by next Monday! To our final (?) two contestants waiting for their chance, look forward to 2021-06-28T04:00:00Z!

6 Likes

I’ll make a thread tomorrow, I’ve decided on my game finally

3 Likes

I’d still like to do this. I haven’t gotten to pick a game yet

4 Likes

Sorry I totally let this slide for two months! I was working a pretty hectic summer job but it’s over now. So…would you want to pick a game before next Monday?

2 Likes

ah geeze i fucked up too, totally spaced on mine. sorry!! i will duck out from shame and embarrassment

1 Like

No, don’t! I would’ve reached out to you back then, but I was so underwater with work that time just sped by. I still want to know what game you were going to choose. Maybe if @slime wants to pick something for next week, you can come back with your choice after.

2 Likes

Okay! I will DM you my game, but def let @slime go first

2 Likes

the game is GigaWing, I dare everyone to get a high score

4 Likes

Ah! I lost track of time again! It turns out that teaching is more than a full time job, lol. I’m tapping @VastleCania to select the next game.

1 Like

spoiler it’s pacman Championship Edition on the NES, i’ll make a thread later tho

4 Likes

:sickos:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Updated list:

Round 1: Fish Fly Fever (this thread)
Round 2: Skate or Die 2
Round 3: Yo! Noid
Round 4: Valence
Round 5: Breaker
Round 6: Mr. Driller
Round 7: Libble Rabble
Round 8: GigaWing
Round 9: Pac-Man Championship Edition ND (NES Demake)

Have we ever done some sort of game of the month club? Not chasing scores, but similar to this in that someone picks a game and everyone who cares to tries it out and discusses it. Kind of trying to capture what sometimes happens when a game is new and a lot of people are playing it at once and sharing discoveries and progress as we go. But maybe with older, somewhat-obscure games.

8 Likes

I think the idea has been picked up here and there. I’m even taking a swing at starting a similar concept with the GAME BOY. I’ve done similar things with my dear friends and its pretty cool to have sustained, in-depth conversations about art and media that’s not necessarily new. Those sorts of conversations tend to happen organically on this forum, but I’d still love to see what we could create with a dedicated Game 'o the Month.

One thing I really appreciated from this high score thread was how each person got to pick something that they were personally attached to. I look at the list of games that were chosen and it’s so wonderfully eclectic. I never would have tried half of these if it weren’t for this thread, either because I didn’t know what they were or I didn’t know how much fun I would have playing them. It would be neat to see how a similar drafting system could bring out more voices and tastes.

3 Likes