THE PLAYSTATION 1 SOCIETY

Have we made any progress: well, fuck, I dunno! Everyone seems about excited about this as I am which is to say frankly a lot but I suppose we should start setting up episodes, run times, casts, who’s doing what and who’s WITH ME

ARE YOU WITH ME???

3 Likes

getting ppl excited is step 1, and maybe even be steps 2-3 depending on who you ask

im ready. in that i intend to play a bunch of PSX games in the future, and i have a microphone to talk into and i like to talk, like, alot

as someone who has played every PS1 game anyone has heard of*, I have of course played both of these. vanguard bandits has a very difficult final battle! vandal hearts was my friend’s favorite ps1 game. I guffawed because of course it isn’t as good as final fantasy tactics. I never beat it, only dabbled.

did YOU know that working designs wanted to call vanguard bandits DETONATOR GAUNTLET but when they tried they were SUED by whoever it is that published gauntlet?! now you do!

*ok so I’ve never played thousand arms, look, I could come up with a list of 10 or so games lets be real

vanguard bandits’ last battle is bullshit, though the game as a whole is a good thing to get from your local software pirate after you’ve seen a few episodes of escaflowne on fox kids and got a taste for fantasy mecha.

typing that just reminds me of how heavily associated with rpgs the playstation is, and how few playstation rpgs got released in europe

i used to get Vagrant Story and Vandal Hearts and Vanguard Bandits mixed up

3 Likes

how about that dragon valor

I adore the spinning polygun pickups in DH1

6 Likes

holy shit i totally forgot about Die Hard Trilogy, i played the hell out of the first movie’s part

2 Likes

die hard trilogy was pretty damn good

the with a vengeance part was basically just gta if gta was only you in cars running from the cops. which, lets be real, is the only reason to play gta. driver was basically just that as well. die hard was smoother and more arcade-y, driver was the more full bodied game and also the cars were 100% impossible to control and that was pretty much the entire appeal.

3 Likes

I got a lightgun specifically for playing die hard 2 section. Only lightgun game I ever owned

2 Likes

Man I kinda wish I still had my copy of Elemental Gearbolt

I’d heard of but thought DETONATOR GAUNTLET was some other PSX game.

Sounds like an upgrade for a SHATTERHAND.

this plus Point Blank for me

1 Like

Die Hard Trilogy is the bomb, I played thru parts 1 and 2 so much

3 Likes

One Crazy Night in '98

Me and 3 high school chums played Die Hard Trilogy
Watched Ninja Scroll
And something Tarantino

Very little sleep with chip residue everywhere.

3 Likes

Long nights sitting around waiting for MTV Music Generator to finish sampling something from a disc.

1 Like

this playlist is pretty good

2 Likes

there could be an episode called lack of love* and it should be about games on the PSX that got localized that feature dating sim elements in them. :man_shrugging:

Lack of Love or
playstation for Love

2 Likes

Collective Terra Incognita playthrough please. The first indie game to truly impress. I’m prepared for disappointment.

1 Like