The News Grandmaster 4000

The real news here to me is the fact that the Psychonauts sequel turned out to be a first-person VR game?? When did that happen?

Psychonauts 2 is still a platformer, but I think they got Sony’s cash to make this as a side game.

I think Psychonauts 2 has reached the classic Double Fine developmental bottleneck of “waiting on Tim Schafer to finish the writing”.

3 Likes

Watching the Double Fine Adventure documentary was so frustrating. Just write the thing, Tim!

1 Like

On the other hand, please take your sweet time on what will probably be the best part of the game, Tim

If Tim is writing it,

it will probably not be the best part of the game.

Or if it is: low bar.

2 Likes

I think Wolpaw is back for 2 since Valve stopped needing writers.

3 Likes

Now Wolpaw is a dude I can never not respect, he’s too firmly embedded in my worthless brain

1 Like

The project supposedly by former Megami Tensei staffers (really just like, two people), of course, isn’t going to reach its goal, but there’s still several articles with some people if you can read Japanese. Apparently, this guy (Kazunari Suzuki) did setting and stuff for the first two Megami Tensei games, world setting + more in the first 3 Shin Megami Tensei games (as in up to if…), and Giten, and designed demons like Mara, but I don’t really see him credited anywhere other than Wikipedia to substantiate these claims. Moby Games has him credited for Giten, but that’s it. So, I’m a bit suspect of this guy, especially since the doesn’t seem to have done much of note since Monster Maker in 1994. I need to dig through some Japanese creator credit resources. Tsukasa Masuko is legit, though.

1 Like

Xbox Emulator got the dashboard to boot up.

2 Likes
2 Likes

the windows update made me lose sound
so i guess they did catch up to desktop linux after all

8 Likes

god they’re gonna release the trailer for gta 6 in like 2020 and it will be incredibly, staggeringly beautifully rendered and more exciting than any actual crime movie trailer and you’re gonna see the most lovely rendered 4K 60fps hdr version of a sign that says fuckbook dot com or gay coca cola or whatever corny thanksgiving uncle mad magazine shit the hausers come up with and

18 Likes

I’m a little surprised to report that it looks like The Good Life is going to hit its funding goal after all. They just added a stretch goal for a Switch port which they don’t expect to hit, but it’s not off the table even if they don’t make the new target.

5 Likes

Along with the long-awaited debut on Steam, this new release series brings forth a vast number of additions and changes in all areas: a new single-player campaign, a visual and functional refresh of the multiplayer lobby and add-ons manager, a refurbished display engine, new unit graphics and animations, and much more. Try out the new features for yourself, or read on for more details…

1 Like

They really couldn’t just come up with another “R” word and had to slap a II on there?

I’d sign up for Red Dead Revanchism but I’m not sure it’ll really move copies

1 Like

Red Dead Rothschild

2 Likes

Red Dead Rothko

1 Like

Red Deader