The News Grandmaster 4000

It’s a port of the pc version. Characters look great and benefit from the resolution bump with all this extra detail I never noticed. But the backgrounds remain low res because the art was never properly archived. It is, as the saying goes, a mixed bag.

It’s nice to have it for PS4 but I think, visually at least, it was much better emulated. I had some screens on the old forum from when I was playing it on ePSXe or whatever it’s called and it looked really good.

and this is one of the gripes I have with this port - the characters stand out way too much against the wonderful, but quite blurry backgrounds, which is a shame (and doesn’t do the game any favor, since they put so much effort in the surrounding wallpapers).
I love the game enough to give it a shot, but as you said, knowing that emulating this will make it look better kinda spoils the fun.

I thought there was still months to wait for this one, a pleasant surprise.

4 Likes

kunio compilation

2 Likes

Dark Souls Like is really being generous.

The Witness is out on iOS.

1 Like
5 Likes

Anime dark souls

1 Like

Not Twinkle Star Sprites

1 Like

I was at the thrift store and I found Derk Saals.

1 Like

Woah I am into that, even the janky announcer

(Hori website is fucked right now, it seems)

1 Like

I’d like that just to have a pc ps4 controller that doesn’t reconnect every time I breathe while holding it

Update: Game is gud

Locomalito also had a pretty fun tribute to Ghouls 'n Ghosts come out last October:

It’s also gud.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Locomalito/status/911878664505131008

After 2 projects overflowing like Maldita Castilla EX and Super Hydorah, the body asks for a tiny project to resume forces :slight_smile:

So I guess we have an idea of what this all time champ has in store next.

Would love to see him try to tackle, say, a trad. momentum platformer or beltscroller beat’em’up for his next big game.

I had played through a few stages of Hydorah before catching wind that the Super version was in the pipeline, so I shelved it to sink my teeth into the revised release later and I’m lovin it a real perfect Gradius Gaiden.

2 Likes

is the part below the HORI logo a touchpad?

I’m not sure – for some reason, I thought that was the speaker, there was no touchpad, and the “TP” button at the bottom would like, map the touchpad to the analog stick or something for games that would require it. I can’t seem to find any other information about the controller.

For 3,000 yen i am sure it does not have a touchpad.