The News Grandmaster 4000

of all people… matpat?

1 Like

why do people hate matpat so much

I mean as far grating youtube personalities go there are way more annoying people??

his name is stupid and my first experience of trying to listen to him talk lasted me about seven seconds

1 Like

Oh, so that’s what Jade Raymond has been up to

also he’s gotten rich off of reiterating other people’s research without crediting them

1 Like

like, most youtube gamer assholes are like… bill mahers or howard sterns

matpat is national enquirer

1 Like

Trackmania Stadia

2 Likes

nothing has yet convinced me they will attach an actual business model to this which has historically been an excuse for google to kill services

anyway they’re trying to scoop the next gen the way steam tried with the current one and I don’t think they’ll displace the incumbents but some neat technology will probably come out of it

1 Like

truly this is the doublemusic I crave

1 Like

quote this post when they quietly announce it’s being discontinued and everyone involved is moved to a messaging app

7 Likes

A work “friend” linked me one of “MatPat’s” “Game Theory” videos once and instead of math it was complete fucking nonsense so I’m not a fan!

1 Like

I think if literally any other company (seriously, any. Like… Nabisco? sure) had announced this, I would have been at least a little excited.

I’m not strictly anti-google or anything. It’s just that, as a couple of people have pointed out, the clock is already ticking down to this thing’s inevitable demise and it’s not even out yet.

Wait so is matpat the game theory person or…?

yes

Gross.

“oh, look at all these ugly filters we can have AIs create for the games you play!”

“pretty soon we won’t even need artists anymore!”

3 Likes

hmmm f u c k google

4 Likes

yeah I don’t really like anything about this

I don’t want google to have a gaming presence at all tbh

can they just go away

2 Likes

this is also a real good point

though I think it presupposes a little too much optimism in the financial prospects of many current indie developers (I’m not convinced there’s a there there regardless), it still bears mentioning

7 Likes

I don’t usually like to be so negative at new hardware announcements, but the more I read up on Stadia, the more I keep thinking “thanks, I hate it”