The News Grandmaster 4000

jade empire is pretty cut & dry Exotic Orient bullshit. it’s not really defensible at all imo

and c’mon isn’t it obvious why western euro fantasy pastiche is OK and mining the culture(s) of historically stereotyped and disadvantaged groups isn’t?

5 Likes

I want an action RPG set during the 30 Years War

3 Likes

without Casey Hudson they’re a mess

for whatever reason only he was ever able to make their comic con version of D&D hang together

I’m sorry I’m being obtuse, I just don’t have a strong understanding of lines like this. Like I said, I caught enough specifics that it didn’t ring for me but my ear may not be great for it.

I probe on this every once in a while because I really don’t want to hurt people but am constantly pulling and integrated sources; while I have a conceptual understanding if I feel like I’m out of step on specifics I have general fears I’ll misjudge things.

1 Like

I like the Ali Wong version of this one

Roller Coaster Tycoon VR: Fabio Edition

The bird realistically bloodies your nose for every goose you don’t dodge. Complete all the rides without your doctor finding out!

1 Like

have the most enthusiastic blood potion i’ve ever given

3 Likes

2 Likes

Reposting here too because look at this insanity

6 Likes

PS4 Remote Play by iOS???

With no DS4 support! Or so I’ve heard.

Android is still locked to Xperia phones >:(

posting link for people who don’t want to look for it:

(it’s available in western stores too and the link will take you there, it was just the first link I found)

I’ve been using a paid third party app for this (that works great) called DS4Play or something for a year and a half already

The original Diablo is up on GOG, with Warcraft and Warcraft II soon to follow.

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo

I only ever played the Playstation version, so I guess this is good? Except maybe the GOG angle of late.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22887361/

Q: Why are there two versions of the game?
A: Diablo is available in its original, unchanged Battle.net-compatible version as well as a GOG-enhanced version.

Q: What is different between the Battle.net and GOG-enhanced versions of the game?
A: The original Battle.net version of the game is completely unchanged and allows players to connect to one another through Blizzard’s Battle.net online-gaming service.

The GOG-enhanced version offers several quality of life additions, including minor audio fixes, up-scaling support for resolution and refresh rate control, and compatibility fixes. Please note that this version cannot connect to Battle.net and only supports multiplayer via LAN and P2P connection.

Q: Will Diablo be available on the Blizzard Battle.net App?
A: No, Diablo will not be available for sale or download through the Battle.net App.

Q: Is Diablo: Hellfire supported/coming to GOG.COM?
A: We have no plans to bring Diablo: Hellfire to GOG.COM at this time.

Q: Is Diablo II coming to GOG.COM?
A: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction are currently available for purchase digitally on the Battle.net Shop. We have no additional announcements at this time.

Q: Are other classic Blizzard games coming to GOG.COM?
A: Yes! We have announced that we’re partnering with GOG.COM to release Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II . We’ll reveal more information at a later date.

1 Like

I recently found abandonware downloads of Warcraft 1 and 2 (and downloaded 2 for this dos system I’m making). Good thing I did since I guess they’re no longer abandonware.

Since this graph is going around figure we could give our thoughts.

I mean that streamers/youtubers ever equaled success was iffy. This dork saying that watching equaled millions of sales is obviously way off. Hundreds at best. Which well 500 sales is something from nothing. Not gonna get you notch’s candy room.

The indie success story was a joke from the beginning 10 ye-shoot closer to 15 years ago. Braid and Super Meatboy and Fez and Cave Story (eventually) set this strange expectation that you could be a video game rock star without the help of outside forces. Which was obviously never true.

Did I forget a game up there? If we double that it is still 8 success stories out of how many failures? Or even 16? Then how many of those success stories were made by jerks that already had the money to lose?

Why the hell do I know what flappy bird is?

2 Likes

Mike’s right, like it or not (uh, definitely not) streamers are the most important media source these days and had done a fairly reasonable job surfacing smaller, weirder stuff, helping to compensate for factors like unprofessionalism and being much more bribable than traditional games media.

If they’re collapsing the range of games they play it will likely have huge effects on the number of breakout mid- and indie titles, especially as viewership likewise continues to collapse to top streamers as the format matures.

It’s bad news and the scariest games related thing I’ve seen in a long time.

As Mike notes in the thread (he’s not a bad guy by any means), community building is the only sustainable way to work as an indie company through direct communication tools like Discord. You could never bet on the stochastic nature of the hit machine so you just do the things you can do.

2 Likes

well the past five years have been a steady stream of an implausible number of great titles of which probably half have lost money so uh

honestly I think I probably find the whole idea of streamers too repulsive to process this news as troubling

In the <$5m space that number’s much higher than half

1 Like