The News Grandmaster 4000

1 Like

More like bonnerman

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s supposed to look mechanically or narratively interesting in that trailer but the graphics are neat

Picking up from the last thread, letā€™s not forget MercurySteam got their grubby paws on Samus Returns which is why it looks so glossy and disgusting and lacks none of the atmosphere and dread that is the series staple.

So yea, the same thing they did to Castlevania, theyā€™re now doing to Metroid.

1 Like

oh myā€¦

I think thatā€™s what I dig the most

1 Like

psychonauts is free for a day or so

I missed it previously, but River City: Rival Showdown (the RCR remake/revise) has a more firm US release date of ā€˜Novemberā€™ now.

Also hot secret Saturn prototypes via the best website:

2 Likes

animal crossing X deadly premonition, theā€¦ doomed(?) kickstarter analogue.

Oof. Yeah, as much as I want The Good Life to happen, Iā€™m in no position to pick it up right now, and Iā€™m pretty nervous about that funding level versus the campaign due dateā€¦

wow im glad the minimum investment amount is only $100 now

ā€¦

Actually, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a minimum, despite that text. The lowest reward tier is currently $29.00, and they just met some vote threshold to add lower dollar value rewards as well.

Someone only waist deep in 4chan filth would recognize that.

Precisely. I suspect someone on the dev team (the no doubt absurdly large dev team) snuck that in as a dog whistle.

I recognized it because I followed all of the Charlottesville goings ons on Twitter. In the Trump era we are all waist deep in 4chan filth.

1 Like

I saw an official comment from Bungie the other day, which boiled down to roughly ā€œwe recognized it was a meme but when we evaluated it we didnā€™t realize it was a white supremacist dog-whistle meme,ā€ and Iā€™m not sure if I like that explanation. Itā€™s not like ā€œtranslatingā€ these memes has been particular difficult, um, ever.

3 Likes

Mm, you can either invest to get a share of the profits later on (min $100) or spend $29+ and get a copy of the game

1 Like

I would wonder when this review happened - if it was more than a year ago, thereā€™s a good chance that a perfunctory google wouldnā€™t answer this question very well. Not to provide excuses, but I like to think that an entire organization didnā€™t think ā€œoh yeah letā€™s go with this white supremacist memeā€

A lot of current white supremacist dogwhistles started out as nerd/chan-culture dogwhistles (see the late Pepe), and that one looks pretty generically 4chan-ish. Like, I can see looking it up and thinking thatā€™s so clearly what it is you donā€™t need to go further.

Of course, at this point the burden of proof is on demonstrating that a dumb meme isnā€™t neoreactionary propaganda, because everything is fucked.

5 Likes

If you donate $100 to the Good Life shame on you because we have a perfectly good homegrown Select Button original miserable rich lady sim and itā€™s going to be way more ā€œrealā€ than anything that costs $1.5mil to make.

Send me money instead. Or give me blood potions, which are almost as good as money. No profit sharing unless you invest real money though sorry.

12 Likes

it says HISTORICALLY ACCURATE so I assume the game ends when Our Hero runs into someone wearing full plate and great walloping chops with a sword donā€™t get him anywhere