The News Grandmaster 4000

Cant decide which is cooler this being true or false.

froth NOW

was hoping I might get some good PS+ games this month too if I gotta sign up for this but oh well, still pumped!

mate itā€™s not 2012

5 Likes

good to know, this is the first Iā€™ve had plus other than my two week bloodborne trial

This hurt me to read but itā€™s true. They skimp hard nowadays.

My uncle is buying my cousin a PS4 as a graduation + Christmas gift, and my cousinā€™s maternal family is apparently going to be handling buying games. I am not privy to the list of games they might be getting him, so I want to get him a game that they are unlikely to buy for him.

Heā€™s traditionally been into Platinum action games, Square RPGs, and Zelda games, so I guess the obvious choices would be to gravitate towards Nier, FFXII, and Horizon: Zero Dawn, with Horizon probably the least likely to be on the list.

Anyone got some good recommendations?

If heā€™s into fantasy settings and action titles with unique mechanics, how about Gravity Rush 2?

look, if you donā€™t buy him nier you are banned

1 Like
4 Likes

I thought this was the questions thread so Iā€™m banned anyway

Some guy getting a ps4 is news to me

4 Likes

Also:

2 Likes

People were clamoring for a Mega Man game that followed the spirit of 9 and 10 with all the 3D bells and whistles. Looks like this might be it. Level and enemy design looks very much in line with those games.

Is Inti Creates working on this?

I think it looks pretty alright.

Love how video game series anniversary projects basically always release 1-3 years after the actual anniversary theyā€™re celebrating.

1 Like

who. would clamor for that.

I canā€™t think of a single series thatā€™s looked good transitioning to 2.5D. I promise you can draw all the high-fidelity explosion FX you want and keep it 2D, keep some actual texture and pop, and avoid turning into oatmeal soup

4 Likes

I mean, not me. I totally agree. But those people were around and in force. Somehow they thought these retro throwbacks were unspeakably lazy. These people could be found in the comments sections and forum threads of many prominent gaming sites, because everyone is terrible and doesnā€™t know how to talk about or think about anything. Mega Man didnā€™t even weather the aesthetic transition to 16-bit systems very well in my opinion, because its spare, high-contrasty cartoon lines were perfectly well-suited to the NES.

Iā€™d definitely prefer if Mega Man 11 just looked the same as 10, butā€¦ itā€™s not bad. I like everything except for the Mega Man model itself, and the game is a year away so hopefully that improves. Looks good otherwise!

The fact that people whined about 9 and 10 is totally bizarre tho man, those games rule.

9 was really good but a little too hard for how conservative it was, 10 was more slack all around