The News Grandmaster 4000

I don’t know about the PS1 Port but the original Rainbow Six was actually kinda dope. It remains one of the more tense gaming memories I have from my childhood and unique among the throng of FPS’s of that time. The strategy layer of the game was jank but ambitious/earnest and the emphasis on atmosphere was what lead to the eventual masterpiece that is Rainbow Six Siege.

Siege isn’t reeeaaaally connected but the apex of the original form was Raven Shield/Athena Sword.

Sluggish Morss: Pattern Circus
A promising-looking project by the creator of Dujanah.

3 Likes

hm?
that must have totally slipped by under my radar, care to elaborate?

Yeah the original Rainbow Six was amazing. I still think about it from time to time. I don’t think anyone here doubted that, it’s just the psx version that’s questionable. (I’ve never played that one)

1 Like
3 Likes

Raven Shield and its expansion Athena Sword were the last traditional Rainbow Six games with the planning stage and all that. Then there was the Vegases which are… what they are. Then Siege, which by all accounts is excellent but is not really the same thing.

1 Like

SIEGE HAS A PLANNING STAGE

2 Likes

It’s the wrong thread for this sorta thing, but what’s the best way to get better at Siege?

I know the answer is “play it you dummy” but surviving the troll hellbeasts that populate Casual before getting into the more civilized Ranked is a monstrous hurdle.

watch youtube videos that explain what each character should be doing during a round

when you get a good (friendly and supportive) group stick with them for a few more rounds, it doesn’t usually take me more than two or three games to find one

also literally aim higher, you’re more likely to get lucky reflex shots off if you aren’t otherwise great at shooting if you put them in the head

In today’s Nintendo Direct they announced Ken and Incineroar as Smash Bros Ultimate characters, plus Piranha Plant as a pre-order bonus character.

The only one I care about is Piranha Plant, which looks super cool and fun to play. Only thing they did wrong was making its final smash the dopey Petey Piranha instead of the superior Naval Piranha.

2 Likes

Map knowledge is crucial. What you need to do is start your own game and just explore every nook and cranny of a map by yourself. It’s almost impossible to get comfortable with the game if you’re just thrown in there without knowing where you are and what you’re doing, especially with Siege.

lol

https://twitter.com/humanheadgames/status/1058033881675431937

lmTiSR9

There might be better aiming/cross-hair placement videos out there now, but I liked this one when I saw it about 4 years ago. It’s for CS:GO but there’s nothing specific to the game about it

Caveat is that I’m not good-good at any ranked games that I play, but I have good placement vs time invested.

thread

4 Likes

Hey, speaking of Siege: this sucks.

I mean, to be fair, it doesn’t exactly affect gameplay, but c’mon now.

this is massively depressing, love to see the edges further sanded off a corporate product calibrated for global sanitized appeal

no one should ever hear the communist party of china invoked in the context of business decision making and feel anything short of disgust imo

(sit down tankies; I am not trying to dunk on communism, rather, I am trying not to dunk on an entire nation of people without focusing my critique)

2 Likes

I don’t think we really have tankies here, do we?

we have people who would chastise you if they felt like you were going out of your way to snipe at communists, so I wanted to be clear