The News Grandmaster 4000

http://www.trine4.com/

Nothing much to see past this link yet, but it’s-a-comin’. I actually like these games quite a bit, but I will say they’re all so samey I sorta can’t remember which ones I’ve actually played.

1C Entertainment, a global PC and console publisher will collaborate with 3D Realms, the developer of classic first-person shooters including Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior, to bring Ion Maiden to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q2 2019, in addition to the previously announced Steam release. Both companies will also collaborate on a new unannounced FPS based on the original Quake engine coming to all the same platforms as Ion Maiden.

Emphasis mine

7 Likes

Wow so uh, CD Projekt/GOG just employ a GooberGraper as their social media manager, which was dug up after they tried to make jokes about the #WonttBeErased tag on the GOG account.

https://twitter.com/NO_BOOT_DEVICE/status/1054536255403421696

So uh…yeah. I think these dudes might be as terrible as people feared last time GOG did this shit, or at very least are comfy employing someone that terrible and putting him in charged of their social media, so uh.

3 Likes

sad

I bought Thronebreaker anyway sorry

1 Like

There’s no ethical consumption under capitalism.

5 Likes

Thronebreaker is cool. A lot of non-assholes probably worked on it

3 Likes

Hmmmmh. Are these future rally cars with wheels nevertheless hovering?!
3 Likes

weird data east themed twin stick shooter/nidhogg where everyone is peter pepper what in the world

6 Likes

https://massivelyop.com/2018/10/26/us-copyright-office-grants-dmca-exception-for-preserving-online-games/

I don’t fully understand this, but it seems like online games can now be preserved in the US, if the organisation can get a legal copy of the server source code.

3 Likes

The Japanese lineup for the PS1 Classic is real good (for me).

The american is more questionable. Guess that’s why that SoTN collection came out.

1 Like

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six in the US lineup? The fuck are they smoking, that port was terrible.

1 Like

Hmmm…

Cool Boarders 2, Dest Derb, GTA, Oddworld, Rayman, Syphon Filter, R6, and Twisted Metal

vs

Arc 1 & 2, Armored Core, Gradius Gaiden, XI, SaGa F, G Darius, Parasite Eve

I’d mix & match:

CB2, GTA, Oddworld, SaGa F, Armored Core, G darius, Arc 1, 3 way tie: Destruction Derby, Twisted Metal (even though I hate it), and Paraiste Eve

1 Like

agree, only a couple real duds and bad trades there, on balance I slightly prefer the US lineup

Bold to include verified kusoge like the R6 port. Makes it the most inclusive of all mini consoles.

4 Likes

Pretty cool of 'em to blow as good a second (or third, if you count Bombastic) chance as any at getting people to try Devil Dice :confused:

The biggest omission from any region is the inclusion of any single demo disc.

13 Likes

Interactive CD Sampler Disk Volume 5 for life

2 Likes

The Playstation Underground disc that had MST3K riffing on videogame footage.

1 Like