The News Grandmaster 4000

Yeah I’ve always hated that game. And I’m one of those people who played the first one several times. It had a big effect on me as a kid. It had this dark edge that not many games had and it was kind of self-aware. It wasn’t necessarily a mean game, even though you murdered civilians in cold blood, unlike Postal 2

Gonna try to buy as many games via Itch from now on as I can no matter what, I think.

6 Likes

Almost certainly, but they may have thought it was no more topical than post-office murders? That would be pretty dumb, but I guess I have a somewhat higher tolerance for dumbass edgelording than for kidding-on-the-square fascism. (In theory; in practice they look basically identical.) If they wanna demonstrate that this was the former I’ll call it a win.

e: Aw, shit, I didn’t notice the date or cause of death. Fuck everyone involved with that.

It seems like most of the new indie stuff that’s releasing on Steam these days is also releasing on Itch, but I really, really wish more companies would publish their older projects on Itch (a few companies like Hanako Games have done this). I am sure there is more involved with the process than I realize, and it’s not like Itch is a huge market, but there’s definitely some stuff on the last Steam sale I would’ve bought if it had been at a similar price on Itch (so I just didn’t buy it).

1 Like

There’s an itch love thread but idk where it is

Edit ty

3 Likes

in which way?

The way where, having never played that game myself, I assume it is a tremendously gross and horrible game. Given that they have an explicit reference to gamer gate…I’d assume this is the case, but i could be wrong

While Postal 2 may be a tremendously gross and horrible game, it was released in 2003.

5 Likes

right but why carry it in your store in 2018?

i mean, they specifically updated it with gamergate garbage, i’d be perfectly happy not having that on my storefront at this point

1 Like

so if it was just a gross and horrible game from 2003, with no update or profit to GG-aligned figures, would it be okay to sell?

Really good for you to stick up for Postal 2 dais, as always your priorities are in definitely in order

3 Likes

Really good for you to go after someone on a videogame forum parker, as always your priorities are in definitely in order

3 Likes

You mean redneck rampage sure whatever.

1 Like

calm down everyone, i guess that the reasoning behind this move was exactly this, instead of having no publicity, they decided to go for bad publicity, and deliberately chose this topic to derail a huge amount of people. And, conveniently, this seems to surface right nowwhen there’s barely anything to report, which also reeks like a planned move.

if anything, we can alleviate this effect by virtue of not talking about this game all, and, considering it is a 15 years old title that even back then was nothing special, it’d be deserved to be ignored anyway.

2 Likes

wait who is dais?

hi dais

Wait, did I get confused for DAIS? Or is DAIS creep?

5 Likes

sorry I’d hate to think that’s what’s keeping more people from voicing mealy mouthed Joe “I’m just asking questions” Rogan “where does the gat dam sjw censorship end” reactionary-lite nonsense

4 Likes