The Mario movie looks -good-!??

I know to be fearful of Mario movies - since the ‘93 film was so horrid…
But I just watched the trailer for the new (animated) one, and Nintendo looks to be doing it right?
Thus I come to ask -feelings!!?!!?-

damsel-in-distress luigi and girlboss peach are, at the very least, smart decisions

reserving full judgment until we hear sebastian maniscalco’s foreman spike

2 Likes

does chris pratt say “so long gay bowser”

19 Likes

I’m going to be a stick in the mud and say that I don’t like this Peach, and I don’t like the idea of Peach as being a character who had to be fixed. Her characterization has been light, but I think there’s premise in Peach as just being a preternaturally nice person, and they could have written a story about that if they’d wanted to.

5 Likes

you can bet i’ll be buying a ticket to check out the hierarchy of power in the mushroom kingdom cinematic universe and then going home and shitting my brain out all over twitter once i’ve seen for myself that there’s no U R MR GAY easter egg

14 Likes

you can’t do girlboss peach and toad society without raising questions you are not prepared to answer, miyamoto-san

17 Likes

I want the Mario plumbing scene to be literally 20 minutes long and instructional

13 Likes

Adventure Time did girlboss Peach first

7 Likes

i watched trailer in other languages to see the vibes and am fascinated that the brazilian portuguese guy is the only one doing a straight “mario voice” the whole time, although french mario is sort of a middle point between game and movie mode

the actor of L from death note/riku from kingdom hearts is japanese mario which is interesting

6 Likes

super mario 3d world is the best new mario game, so good that they’re cribbing that style i guess

i dunno, i say this all the time but these days adaptations like this will never be “bad” the way some might think of movies from the pre-disneyfication era of franchises fare. there’s too much money thrown in this. it’ll probably be technically good with nice visuals, some cute jokes and refs and such. but they’ll never really truly do much more than like, the best minion movie? (i have never seen a minion movie)

the worst part truly is just being reminded that chris pratt is in this

3 Likes

You have no idea how many times I’ve typed “sexy minion” into a gif search

4 Likes

word

3 Likes

is this expression a little menacing or am i just averse to eye contact?

i’m gonna put “peach’s right of rule” on the bingo card just in case

6 Likes

seems like an intentional nod to this poster (from another anna taylor-joy role)

definitely intended to come across as slightly confrontational/combative in both cases

3 Likes

I’d watch peach play chess

7 Likes

obligatory:

13 Likes

I owned this chess set up until about a year ago when I finally gave it to Goodwill in a semi-forced closet cleanup scenario.

3 Likes

I will not pass final judgement on how Peach looks in this movie until the contingent of Mario fans who believe that Princess Toadstool should have red hair have chimed in

French VO peach, english VO Bowser, portugese VO Mario, french or japanese VO Toad(s), japanese VO Luigi

… that’d be my preferred choice, but that surely won’t happen :tarothink:

I just saw on Wikipedia that Chris Pratt is the voice of Garfield in the new Garfield movie. It’s like studios don’t bother changing any defaults when they click “New Movie.”

10 Likes