THE GOOD OL DAYS OF GAMES JOURNALISM

https://www.twitch.tv/technicaltelevision

so theres a twitch channel that shows all old episodes of cinematech and xplay and HOLY SHIT

when i first started watching i said ‘if gaming of the clintion years is the gaming of the clinton years of the clinton years, then XPLAY is the gaming of the clinton years of the bush years’ and its only become more and more true

i was just watching a review for SEXY BEACH 2 and there was literally a meter (think gamepro faces but for horniness) going up and down depending on how SEXY the content is

they called disgaea one of the UGLIEST GAMES EVER

morgan webb said she had a ‘crippling pachinko addiction’ (which seems ahead of its time)

also morgan, whos like the one obsessed with cutesy games and stuff was ragging on pokemon tv for being too cutesy

‘we’ve run out of ways to describe world war two games’ in 2004 haahhaa

anyway im gonna be posting some choice quotes in this thread, ill start trying to cliip too

BONUS they have commercials
but only ONE commercial per commercial break

so get ready for songs you didnt know you memorized to get stuck in your head again

15 Likes

i forgot how many of the jokes hinge around adam sessler being an incel

1 Like

adam sessler had NO PROBLEM getting laid

3 Likes

i thought e3 2013 was an isolated incident but watching xplay again as an adult makes it really obvious that adam sessler had a serious fucking coke problem in 2004

2 Likes

hes barely keeping it together in like half of these segments

1 Like

watching adam sesslers mouth when hes not talking is making me wonder if he was on regular ass speed before getting that cocaine money

2 Likes

as a kid i always mixed up adam sessler with adam sandler and vice versa

wow imagine if adam sandler got into games journalism and every episode was peppered with his thirty second ‘songs’ and fucking AB/DL voice

“if microsoft and nintendo can work together theres a chance for peace in the middle east” morgan webb, 2004

5 Likes

i like this twitch stream because it keeps some 2004 ass commercials in the footage and it makes me nostalgic for the days i used to fall asleep to g4. especially when they play cinematech

1 Like

same energy

1 Like

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticLightApeBatChest

ms pac man just got slut shamed

2 Likes

G4 is amazing to me because it is from that time when I no longer had cable TV (or really much of any TV aside from what my antenna could get) so it is like this glimpse into an alternate world that somehow I was also a part of but didn’t know it.

2 Likes

g4 is always really weird to me in retrospect because i guess it sort of made sense in 2002 but like as the internet became easier to use it made less and less sense, which is why the channel died, except it took until fucking 2014 to die!! nobody needed a show about CHEAT CODES in videogames in 2007. even in like 2004 you could just use gamefaqs. so bizarre

3 Likes

WE ALSO HAVE NAKED METAL GEAR SOLID MOMENTS
WITH BOYS
NAKED BOYS

-morgan webb

1 Like

when I hurt my back at UPS 13 years ago and was out on disability for several months I watched a lot of G4

and reruns of The OC on The Soap Channel

I remember almost nothing about either of these

this is all from my time where i didnt watch TV at all so im in a similar boat as booji

1 Like

yo, the creepy loli art stuff is a bit weird, but Disgaea is very pretty, and the characters are all very colorful!

2 Likes

cinematech is on now

if you dont remember its where they played (mostly attract modes) cutscenes of games for you to fall asleep to

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateRespectfulMuleStoneLightning

heres ninja gaiden with UPDATED MODERN COOL MUSIC

2 Likes

yeah they definitely werent calling the actually ugly part ugly haha

1 Like