the end of MegaTen as we know it

Maken X is great, it’s a great case of using good impact and feedback (lots of blood, good camera shake) and brisk pacing to sell a fairly shallow experience.

2 Likes

concerned that v is vaporware at this point, not so much as a screenshot in two years

• remember what happened last time an smt title was announced way too early
1 Like

what about sid davis and my boy louis cyphre
Louis_with_Sid

i still think maken x and shao are miserable to play. matrix by way of atlus is cool, but i thought it was stiff and frustrating to control. rad art, though.

6 Likes

kaneko is so fuckin’ good

1 Like

they should give me a team and i’ll make my own smt5.

i want it to start with

-> You’ve received a file on your computer

1 Like

kazuyuki yamai confirmed that development was still in full swing 9 months ago. even though it was announced in january of 2017, dev didn’t actually begin until like march of 2018, and they’re building from the ground up on a new engine and platform. i don’t think we’ll hear anything about it until after p5r is out the door but i really doubt that it’s vaporware…

1 Like

i hope they go in the “retro” direction and make it like the SNES SMT games that way kaneko’s absence doesn’t seem so apparent. plus i just like the look of snes smt.

or make it look like persona 2…

8501265647_1fe8a50d99_n

stella deus used similar-styled sprites and they looked really good on the ps2, and would still look good now.

6 Likes

Detailed sprites on low-poly 3D is a “retro” look that deserves a major comeback imo

5 Likes

i always think about how Stella Deus was sort of a spiritual sequel to Hoshigami on PS1 and how their names mean the same thing in their respective languages.

1 Like

yeah, i posted some of that trivia in the screenshots thread. i need to get back to playing it.

2 Likes

i guess somebody at kotaku saw the cut demonic donald duck and mickey mouse sprites and had to write a several paragraph article about it, along with, “Kotaku has reached out to Atlus for more details.”

kotaku is a rotten banana of a website.

the handheld computer (COMP) from Majin Tensei.

7 Likes

6 Likes

the deluxe pack is cool as fuck too

source

6 Likes

i mean i think they definitely are

Persona has some Lynch/TP references, too

there’s also aesthetic references to twin peaks in smt3.

nocturne is also my favorite game, none more perfect exists. if anyone is interested i highly recommend the jp speedrunner https://www.twitch.tv/mizusima40 who runs the true demon ending for that game, it’s amazing. he’s running right now if you hop in in the next few hours.

3 Likes

i still need the nocturne pc
image https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjk05yV5bHlAhVOdhoKHYhICNMQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlusatlas.com%2Fpost%2F113950901098%2Fthe-shin-megami-tensei-iii-nocturne-laptop-a&psig=AOvVaw37EEC8HDuWbdLt4sNLpjnq&ust=1571899782404763

2 Likes

nah, you just want the decal (which didn’t look good).