the end of MegaTen as we know it

Persona 5 Scramble trailer.
1 Like

From a December 1999 interview with Cozy Okada and Kazuma Kaneko regarding Maken X. Now we know who Isamu Nitta from SMT3 borrowed his hat from. I love Okada’s shades.

Maken X is like, a 5 at best, though. Seriously, a 9?

3 Likes

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1188829435446693888

Shin Megami Tensei if … 25-year-old congratulations (´ω`) Just because of work I couldn’t make anything … So I’ll put a past work.

6 Likes

Oh Meguro and crew, you know the mainline stews, throwing us a bone or two (we chew)

2 Likes

Site’s a little tricky to navigate and translate, but there’s some cool roots talk on Digital Devil Saga, the novel and OVA (including bbs bits from the author). Scans including that production doc.

It’s more than 30 years ago, so I can’t remember exactly what language I used, but I told Nintendo, who had exchanges at that time, " I thought it would be interesting to make it. " Although it is unthinkable today, Nintendo listened to me from Frank and suggested, “Well, why not write your original novel?” Then, I started to write a digital devil story that fuses Japanese mythology and digital magic. - Shigeru Nishitani

1 Like

Story.

1 Like

Thanks, I used to trip on that enough that I’m not surprised to see the mixup

well actually has anyone here read yu godai’s digital devil saga/quantum devil saga novels? i’m curious…

i have the first DDS novel, but not got round to it yet

1 Like

right i remember you telling me you had it. let me know how it is when you do :slight_smile:

@SageGrimm was playing IV at Branson, how did that go?

Pretty well, once you get past the brutal start where random chance can just decide you’re talking with the underworld guy in the first round of an encounter. Anothersphere was right in saying it opens up about 10 hours in, a real interesting blend of past titles.

1 Like

Technically have beaten it, though that was the bummer ending where you call in a black hole and return everything to nothing. I rolled that back (though the fight prior was a real pain because the big head loves to throw out an “dump all statuses onto your party” attack starting halfway through, throwing it down to random chance if you don’t have Bind/Sleep Nullify) and somehow managed to bumble into the Neutral ending. That’s what I’m working on right now.

I’m right after the Four Devas quest which I was not expecting to immediately jump into the second phase. A coincidental switch to Quetzalcoatl mid-fight and its natural Phys Repel and on-a-whim Endure meant I completed it with 1 HP left and the Orb of the Four Gates one turn away from cracking entirely.

2 Likes

i’ve been trying to play this but so little of it is in english. the discord is really active though so that’s good. i swear i played a real english version in middle school in like 2008 but whatever

im totally lost and don’t know how to do quests but i love walking around grey kaneko world

7 Likes

:confused:

https://personacentral.com/atlus-updated-recruitment-website-company-overview-retrospective-video/
1 Like

there definitely was an English version! i played it, probably when you did, except i was in college ;-; i would have played it more, but i had no friends into MegaTen at the time and i find playing MMOs solo is kind of a drag.

anyway, weird that they wouldn’t have the English version available?

1 Like

nobody played the english version of imagine comparatively and the japanese version has more content, so my bet is that they’re trying to work the english localization into the jp client and haven’t finished yet. the thing that always kills me about imagine is that fucking cave made it

4 Likes

Beelzebub taken down by judicious use of Luster Candy/Fog Cloud and throwing around big consumables whenever MP ran out. It still wasn’t a sure thing at any point but having Salvation on one of my summons sure helped smooth out the ride. BUT! I’m still locked out of story progress because I have at least another side quest to perform but I have no idea where. The bars aren’t giving any more and none of the demons I’ve run into so far are talking about one.

1 Like

The SMT4 neutral ending is such BS in every way and I’m sorry you have to deal with it

Your best bet is checking on a website which quests you’re missing I guess