the end of MegaTen as we know it

The SMT mobile game, Dx2, did a Bayonetta collab. It’s probably pretty telling that I’m surprised that they even went through the effort to have actual Bayo music play during battles. You can get the Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series to join you along with Jeanne and Powers. Sadly the many restrictions on their otherwise unique abilities (combo together attacks by getting Criticals and inflicting status ailments) make them tough to actually justify their gacha.

Anyway, here’s the best part of the whole thing

And here’s some other stuff

OMAKE: Thank you @a_new_duck

7 Likes

:featuring_dante:Oh wow, :featuring_dante:didn’t :featuring_dante:expect this:featuring_dante: to come full :featuring_dante:circle so quickly. :featuring_dante:

:featuring_dante:

Bleh to:featuring_dante: their artwork being:featuring_dante: just their 3d renders.:featuring_dante::featuring_dante::featuring_dante:
Is this the first game :featuring_dante: then where you can officially have Bayonetta shoot :featuring_dante:Dante:featuring_dante:in the face?

Kind of smells of desperation honestly considering how many veterans I see quitting from lack of content and increasing amount of the gacha becoming locked unless you make a real money purchase.
The Bayonetta banner for example had both a pay-only and free summon pool (both of course require “gems” (basically this game’s Orbs from Fire Emblem Heroes) to summon from). The free one had a mix of demons along with Jeanne and Bayonetta while the paid one had double the rate and only Bayo and Jeanne in it.

2 Likes

now we need Demifiend DLC for DMC V.

In case you ever wondered what “Megami Tensei Gaiden” actually means.

3 Likes

apparently, heathrow airport was closed due to IRA rockets when Tsukasa Masuko (SMT composer) was to go to Abbey Road for the SMT2 Arrange Album recording?

I was looking through an issue of mega drive fan and found this preview of a game SIMS (they did the Mega CD port of SMT1, among some other stuff on Sega consoles for Atlus) was working on called Devil Buster. As far as I can tell, this never came out under any title.

6 Likes

Not sure if this was posted or discussed a while back, might set something up this weekend?

3 Likes

if my internet isn’t garbage this weekend, i’ll try checking it out, too.

1 Like

I started a character last night then explored the tutorial hub area while. I’d like to sink my teeth in and don’t mind constantly referring to the wiki for guidance, but this feels like it’ll require some serious commitment to explore from the beta and light translation work done so far.

Cool though, might go deep Amala when I get the itch.

i’m not sure why they don’t just give you a fucking full executable or archive with the install files rather than making people use a stupid patch updater to download every single file one-by-one. so, i never finished downloading it.

I did the same thing but yeah there’s too much untranslated right now for me to want to dive in. It does seem really cool though.

1 Like

D60tJshXYAAfUfG

2 Likes

Really cool piece of art Kaneko drew for Eternal Punishment that I believe has only ever been released untainted on a phone card.

4 Likes

you can play every SNES megami tensei game in english now.

i found the hour or two of majin tensei 2 i played pretty frustrating for multiple reasons. even though this is the older game, i’m hoping maybe it’ll be a bit more fun. i doubt it, but we’ll see when i have time.

i wish i had offered to do the title screens for any of these games – it never even occurred to me to do so for this one. these english title screens are pretty dire. not that they matter at all. but majin tensei 1 has a really cool title and name entry screen with the computer monitor + keyboard.

4 Likes

Every Megami Tensei game that’s unreleased in English that has an English fan translation.

Title Type Console Developer Release Translation Note
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei OG NES Namco 09/11/87 Link
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II OG NES Namco 04/06/90 Link Incomplete. Play Kyuuyaku.
Shin Megami Tensei Main SNES Atlus Co., Ltd. 10/30/92 Link Use Addendum for fixes to bugs caused by translation.
Majin Tensei Gaiden SNES Atlus Co., Ltd. 01/28/94 Link
Shin Megami Tensei II Main SNES Atlus Co., Ltd. 04/18/94 Link
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Gaiden GG Multimedia Intelligence Transfer Co., Ltd. (Original), SIMS Co., Ltd. (Port) 04/22/94 Link Enhanced port of GameBoy game.
Shin Megami Tensei if… Gaiden SNES Atlus Co., Ltd. 10/28/94 Link
Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis Gaiden SNES Atlus Co., Ltd. 02/19/95 Link
Another Bible Gaiden GB Dice Co., Ltd. 03/02/95 Link
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible III Gaiden SNES Multimedia Intelligence Transfer Co., Ltd. 03/04/95 Link
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special Gaiden GG SIMS Co., Ltd. 03/24/95 Link
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei: Megami Tensei I&II OG SNES Opera House Inc. (Port) 03/31/95 Link Enhanced port of Megami Tensei 1 and 2.
Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible II Gaiden GBC Multimedia Intelligence Transfer Co., Ltd. (Original), Access Co., Ltd. (Port) 04/16/99 Link Enhanced port of GameBoy game.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin Gaiden PSX Atlus Co., Ltd. 05/31/99 Link
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne MANIAX Chronicles Edition Main PS2 Atlus Co., Ltd. 10/23/08 Link Replaces Dante with Raidou Kuzunoha.
10 Likes

still hoping for a translation of the ps1 smt1/2 ports one day

2 Likes

Did the people translating the extra prologue to Eternal Punishment PSP never get it done?

Also definitely recommend this automap shortcut if playing SMT1:

3 Likes

it’s kazuma kaneko’s birthday (or was it yesterday?).

10 Likes

hbd king please come back

i hope there’s some news about smtv next year… last year we got halfway through the second dds before getting distracted, i really want to come back to it soon and finish because i know that it has an excellent late game. has anyone here played maken x? it was the first true 3d game atlus did before making nocturne, it’s first person and made me really dizzy but there are a few good kaneko designs and a nice dreamcast ethereal masklike airlessness to it.

also here are maya and lisa from p2 rendered in the nocturne engine tech demo
tumblr_pnalamm0bq1six6ybo1_640
tumblr_pnalamm0bq1six6ybo2_400

8 Likes