the end of MegaTen as we know it

1 Like

i literally donā€™t even remember all the various onis down in that tunnel

hard tde speedrunā€™s started again and will probably still be running by the time you wake up in the morning tomorrow

I just tuned in 3 hours later and heā€™s still in the hospital? Just got Pixie.

Is he starting over each time he dies?

hmm, kin-ki, fuu-ki, ongyo-ki annnnnndā€¦ fuck(-ki)
edit: sui-ki. knew it started with an ā€œSā€. grumble, grumbleā€¦

I think I skipped those tunnel bosses by accident, accounts for the one magatama Iā€™m missing in the second row

Well be sure you fetch it so you can get the ultimate void-all magatama!!

How do I actually fight them?? I just went through that dungeon with no bossfights

You have to explore most of the tunnels thoroughly, a lot of drops turn backs and map usage. I canā€™t remember which but one of them can be a challenge depending on your build and party. Some amusing dialogue too.

I thought you had to fight Ongyo-ki. Also yes definitely get all Magatama especially if you want optimal tools for TDE ending.

Theyā€™re kind of hidden away, like i think one or two of them are down pit traps. iā€™d recommend a guide. Ongyo-ki wonā€™t appear until you kill the others.

be aware though that you have to complete Amala before you enter the bonus dungeon where the final magatama is, or else youā€™ll get locked out of TDE

i think it looks more like the run failed disastrously

he hasnā€™t had the best luck with it

i never bother to get the null all magatama, fuck the block puzzle minigame

1 Like

i dont like the block puzzle game either, i was never a sokoban fan and it goes on way longer than is fun or necessary. and you canā€™t even stop partway through and come back later WTF

1 Like

yeah same on my first playthrough
i also did a ton of grinding in the final dungeon to get the top tier demons and fuse pierce around, all excessive

yeah why the f is that sokoban game so brutal

iā€¦ thought it wasnā€™t that hardā€¦?

then again i devour puzzle games so

Honestly if you could suspend it partway iā€™d like it better. 20 Sokoban puzzles in a row, though, thatā€™s brutal, man

in replaying this game im realizing how easy it is if you get Fog Breath on at least 2 of your demons. Dumping your foes AGI/EVA through the floor in one round is a real doozy and even if they use Dekunda it just takes another round and a few chakra drops to get back on top.

Also, luck is incredible. i have 20+ luck in my current play and iā€™ve been getting healing/gemstone drops left and right. PROTIP: donā€™t bother to save bead chains/chakra pots for emergencies, sell 'em when you need cash and fuse yourself stronger demons with better skills instead. And donā€™t spend your gems on elementals/mitamas either, fuse 'em yourself!

1 Like

Explain luck to me. I have 35 in it, all other points were in strength I think. Demon negotiation doesnā€™t seem easier. I maybe get a few more gem drops but thatā€™s it. Critical hits and back attacks occur with the same frequency. It seems completely redundant unless iā€™m missing something.

Doesnā€™t comport with my experience! Iā€™ve def noticed more drops and more gems. Think I might be getting more macca too, though donā€™t quote me on that ā€“ I have to check. Itā€™s not like, a HUGE boost to your crit rate on its own, but Might seems to kick in way more often for me. Also, helps you avoid more Hama/mudo spells, and assuming it works like it does in 4, probably makes your own stick more often. (I have 200+ luck in that game and instadeath only seems to fail against demons who resist it. Also Iā€™m LOADED down with healing items and spell stones)

Idk if it affects negotiations. I think youā€™re supposed to have negotiation skills on your other demons to back you up in this one, because demons seem to cut and run a lot more (get a demon with Detain and Gonnection, theyā€™re helpful). Itā€¦ miiight affect the gifts demons give you? I got a Vi Incense off of my Makami the other day. THATS never happened before.
And I almost never get back attacked now, though I seem to get surprised (when they go first but without your defense being penalized) about as often.

Granted, it is a stat called ā€œLUCKā€ so itā€™s possible some of this is a placebo effect. Or maybe youā€™re just not very lucky :woman_shrugging:

I think maybe iā€™m not noticing all the benefits of Luck because Nocturne gives you so many skills to stack. I remember that in the first couple of games it boosted your accuracy and evasion rates a lot, helped with negotiation etc. You can pretty much secure the same effects with your demon pals this time around. I do seem to have a ton of money, and I did get incenses from my demons so thatā€™s pretty great.

Thanks for clearing that up.

After a couple more attempts and some grinding and specific fusing i walked all over Matador.

Thor went down easy on my first attempt so i seem to be doing something right.