the end of MegaTen as we know it

from what i’ve played, nocturne and p3:fes are the only ones that seem worth sticking through till the end. the rest are generally interesting games, if not great games. always glad the series has lasted this long though. and although i sort of hate it, i should thank p4 for keeping the money flowing into the franchise.

If you liked the atmosphere/mood of Nocturne, the closest game in feel is Strange Journey. If you liked the art of Nocturne, I’d suggest trying DDS or the Devil Summoner Raidou games, though the Raidou games are action games rather than RPGs and are also slightly budget/bad but memorable.

If you want a good gameplay experience where everything is smoothed out and user friendly, try P4 Golden or P3Portable.

If you like SRPGs or want the novelty of moving around a grid and attacking from distances and having several Megaten demon parties, the Devil Survivor games are pretty fun. I really wish #FE used the DeSu battle system instead of what they ended up with. DeSu’s story is a rechurn of SMT1 except more modern day and bad anime, but the second game gives you a hero and party full of idiots and puts you in the plot of Evangelion so it’s a lot of fun.

I know you said you can’t play 3ds games but: If you want to feel the cool occult mood of the original series, I really liked Soul Hackers on 3ds. It’s fun to see what they thought the “cyber future” of today would be like and how right and wrong they were, plus it’s got totems and spirit animals and North/South American gods and demons in the forefront which is kinda neat.

P2 is a good time for old game-style too. The PSP remake is a good way to experience Innocent Sin and has a remixed soundtrack plus new content that they didn’t finish translating lol it was basically create your own stories/dungeon mode and that’s too much text for a release as small as a PSP game.

Anyway this is on mobile so plz excuse my typos or grammar

I like Nocturne > Strange Journey > P4 in that order but they’re all good

Apocalypse is really interesting in how they basically made a fanfic of 4 and then turned it into a whole new game. I’ve never seen a company do that, it’s super neat. Like the game begins with your hero basically fucking up the perfect neutral end of the last game and then things go really south and you have to fix all your problems but also you have friends and a harem because now we’re post-P4 now and that shit will be in every Smt game cry cry ok bye

3 Likes
1 Like

Oh shit please let there be V or something equivalent not bound to handhelds.

http://eirikrjs.tumblr.com/tagged/p5 has made me hopeful for this, i mean it’s atlus, those are totally getting reused

Yessssss, a deeply seeded hope from the first P5 trailer that showed demons in battle. :smiling_imp:

SMT5 will be a F2P mobile game.

1 Like

This series hasn’t gone the way of BoF, so YHVH please no.

2 Likes

third kalpa went real quick

this yoyogi park business is weird though

I feel like they more than slightly overtaxed themselves on “how many weird dungeon concepts can we come up with in-engine”

Is that the one with large storage containers and teleports all over the place…Oberon or Titania enemies? I like the variety but recall that place as one of the more tiring, even if not so tough.

yeah

game clock says 22h, lv 48 but it feels like longer

~pro tip~: go back to the boss room in kabukicho

It seems crazy quick for a first time, unless you are a crazy quick and efficient player. Random battle frequency + fusion sessions already make for a lot of time.

‘hd project’ sounds nicely platform agnostic
another 3ds game coming, too?

Can’t wait for 2 years from now when it’s revealed to be an idol game

But really, I hope Kaneko is actually involved again. SMT doesn’t feel like SMT without his character designs. :confused:

3 Likes

Am I doing this right

9 Likes

You couldnt possibly be doing this better.
Have fun having the Gaea magatama wildly ahead of time

p.s. once you hit 30 stop putting points in to anything but Lu. the ultimate magatama gives +10 to everything but Luck. Luck is the secret

this is pretty close to what i was doing but my name was nowhere near as good, fuck

A warez release of Nocturne leaked way ahead of retail release. Think it was over a month early… I was so excited but no matter how many times I burned the damn thing it locked up during the intro. I wrote it off as a bad release and patiently waited for my legit copy, but it also locked up at the same spot. It was very upsetting!

Eventually I figured out what was causing the game to crash: I put a tilde in my character’s nickname and SMT3 does not like that.

My character’s name was Alice “Bam BOO” Olivier. I liked my Demifiend but I woulda liked 'em more with a tilde in there.

4 Likes

I’ve never seen a magic Demifiend before…

1 Like