The Comic Book: The TV Show: The Thread

lol wut

There’s also this legislation that’s passed, Victims OF Racial Violence Legislation, which is a form of reparations that are colloquially known as “Redford-ations.” It’s a lifetime tax exemption for victims of, and the direct descendants of, designated areas of racial injustice throughout America’s history, the most important of which, as it relates to our show, is the Tulsa massacre of 1921. That legislation had a ripple effect into another piece of legalization, DoPA, the Defense of Police Act, which allows police to hide their face behind masks because they were being targeted by terrorist organizations for protecting the victims of the initial act.

Look I can believe in magic powers and super science and people caring about pirate comics and whatnot but I’m supposed to believe that cops defended a black community to their own detriment in 1921 and white folks passed a Reparations bill after five terms of Richard Nixon

sir

sir

16 Likes

good

https://www.cbr.com/smallville-tom-welling-joins-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

kinda hoping they still never actually show him in the superman suit because that would be funny

anyway supergirl already has dean cain and lynda carter as recurring characters stop being cowards and make lois and clark/wonder woman '77 part of this clusterfuck

1 Like

damn brandon routh supes without the bryan singer/kevin spacey aftertaste in a universe that’s actually fun and in the 1940s cartoon/kingdom come outfit is extremely for me

4 Likes

it hurts my mortal soul how much i cant wait to see this also glad theyre handing out cameos to even the lead ladies from birds of prey in like 2005

1 Like

i know it’s literally Gotham City but seeing a bunch of kids on Batwoman super hyped to watch a black and white Zorro movie with costumes and everything in 2019 is still hilarious

1 Like

I watched the first half of ep 1 of Batwoman and it is

p r e t t y

f u c k i n

r o u g h

so far, but I like the cast a lot, so, sticking with it for now. I can’t believe how much it looks like a 90’s superhero show.

The Queen needle drop on the flash was overdue but well worth the wait

1 Like

(spoilers)

I’m definitely down with this final half-season of Arrow being a direct Crisis prequel but I wish they’d stop with the flash-forward Mockingbird backdoor pilot stuff.

As annoying as it was to see Chase as the earth 2 Hood, at least it wasn’t Diaz, thank fuck.

Good to see Tommy and Moira again, of course.

Please tell me Jesse Quick and Harry Wells escaped

i am fucking dying

5 Likes

truly the best man to continue the legacy of noted centrist Alan Moore

1 Like

Watchmen is getting review bombed for being Political, anyway.

Lord knows how they took something as apolitical as Watchmen and injected the dreaded beast into it!

3 Likes

Holy christ what a shithead

1 Like
2 Likes

Looks like Supergirl is doing a proper Superman spinoff show

1 Like

The New Adventures of Clarkman

Every time a new Arrow-verse show gets announced I’m amazed at just how strong this franchise has been. Has anyone been watching Black Lightning? I liked the premise from the first episode but I don’t know how it held up overall.

The article mentions it’s about being working parents but when did Superman get a kid? Was that already a thing in Supergirl or is that something coming up in Crisis?

it’s so wild that there will finally be a new superman tv show but it’s both a) a remake of Lois and Clark and b) a spinoff (basically) of the Green Arrow tv show

dc is just so much more adventurous and ambitious with its tv shows, like imagine if there was a spider-man tv show coming out that was an office drama about the daily bugle that was somehow also a spinoff of the Agents of Shield show

Lois was pregnant with the baby last season on Supergirl. I’m really wondering who the bad guys are gonna be on this show considering Supergirl has literally used up every single person in Superman’s rogue’s gallery.

1 Like

Didn’t both Marvel and DC have shows in the works about office workers who live in cities under constant threat by super villains? One of them was about an insurance company and I think it was called Damage Control. Maybe both got cancelled.

Episode 1: Mean co-worker at the Daily Planet
Episode 2: Lois and Clark have to take Superboy to work because a babysitter wasn’t available. Hijinks ensue.
Episode 3: The Preserver captured Superman and Lois has to find someway to save him before he’s taken into a space zoo for forever.
Episode 4: Bills are due but the Kents aren’t getting their paychecks until two days afterwards.
Episode 5: Lex Luthor is trying to steal an election and his super powered goons are guarding the evidence with kryptnite rocket launchers.
Episode 6: It’s Superboy’s birthday and he’s got a new power that’s going crazy! Supergirl cameos.

2 Likes

Season 3, Episode 1 Superkid has aged 10 years over the summer hiatus nobody comments on it everyone acts like the child has aged as a normal human child does in real time the writers just couldn’t wait any longer to start writing about Super Puberty

3 Likes