Tekken 7

Yeah, looks like you found all the good pants there are lol

Surprised about the music… It’s generally well liked I think. Except for the helicopter stage theme! That one is super wack but I personally kinda like it. It’s funny

5 Likes

With all the new exciting fighting games coming out I decided to jump on the bandwagon and… play this 6 year old one. I’ve never even touched a 3d fighting game before in any serious capacity so pretty much starting a from negative zero here as far as skill is concerned (which really shows when I panic and start jumping backwards to disengage).

After a few days in training mode though and looking up a few online tutorials (still amazed that this game doesn’t even list your various wake-up options anywhere besides it occasionally flashing by as a loading screen hint. Like, even listing those load screen tips somewhere would be great!) I think I have a basic handle of things and having fun. Even beating some people online by like genuinely outplaying them.

Since various guides listed him as easy to start with, and I do feel obligated to take whatever national representation I can get I’m playing Lars. Definitely been simple enough to get a hang of! He can flip, he can dip, he can zip, he can zoom and when I do it all at once I eat a launcher and lose 33% hp. Still though, his own ninja kick launcher pretty consistently hits people when they start getting too aggressive in the corner or when health is real low and I’ve actually got the muscle memory down to follow up with a decent combo. I’ve even found an extremely annoying and toxic move that continuously goes from mid to low potentially taking over half a lifebar against people who can’t keep up. Immediately eat shit when I try it on someone who knows better though.

Still real scrubby overall though. I can’t block even the slowest low to save my life, throw breaks really only happen by accident, I think I’ve successfully sidestepped like twice total ever, I can barely consistently punish with my 10 frame jabs, and I rely way too much on my big low sweep that people have started parrying now as I rise in the online ranks. Speaking of the online it’s usually pretty good? Had a few real laggy matches but mostly alright. Guessing it’s mostly since it’s still pretty popular according to Steam charts and a lot of players are in the Euro regions.

Gonna keep at it. No idea if I’ll ever learn actual defense though. Anyone want to play a few rounds hit me up.

3 Likes