Switch! (Part 1)

if sephiroth isn’t in this what is the point even

1 Like

Kind of want to see a Cactuar on roller blades now, they already assume a very “speed skating” kind of position

6 Likes

are there any roller skate/blade racing games? because 100% there should be

i think there are some of these in ffxiv

1 Like

behold, the 1990’s:

9 Likes

What the hell that game is amazing

1 Like

The skitchin’ victory dance where he elbows himself in the junk is still something a couple of my friends joke about.

5 Likes

My dumb friends and I as kids actually tried Skitchin’ irl because of that goofy game. No pads, didn’t even know how to roller blade, comfortable in the knowledge that “all you’ve really got to do is hold onto a bumper”. Didn’t go great but luckily no one was seriously hurt!

15 Likes

The spirits appear.

God I think I might still have the box for this somewhere.

Yes, it did use the word Bitchin’ IIRC.

2 Likes

Wikipedia article for this one is a classic Skitchin' - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Yep same! Directly after playing we strapped on the blades and skitched a few cars in his apt complex.

A guy stopped his truck and chewed us out. Kids are so stupid :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

A magazine advertisement for the game, which used the headline “Skatin’, Hitchin’, Bitchin’, Skitchin’”, was criticized for its use of profanity. EA associate publicist Fiona Murphy recounted, “The American Slang Dictionary defines the word bitchin’ as ‘good, excellent, superior.’ Our use of the word was with this meaning in mind and was not intended as profanity. Skitchin’ is an action-packed, hard-core street game, and we felt the word bitchin’ in the headline … reflected the attitude of the game and also conveniently rhymed with Skitchin’.”

Skitchin’ was Blockbuster Video’s fifth-highest renting Sega Genesis title during the month of August 1997.

lmao

I think about these song names a lot:

Cheese Grater
Let’s Plow
Psycho Deep Fry
Silken Liver Slipper
Jerky Curtains
Crunchy Bumpkin
Chug Wagon
Tastes Like Chicken
Caffeine Dream
Sniff
Eat My Junk
Spicy Placenta
Benign Fluff
Bellybutton Lint
Smells Like Tuna
Smog Dog

6 Likes

8 Likes

I love that they flew the EA Vancouver team out to Toronto for some anthropological research

2 Likes

This is the one where you can punch people beside you right? Pretty sure I played this demo 1000 times

1 Like

yeah, it showed up on the bundled ps1 demo disc from 95-97 or so

1 Like

ESPN Xtreme Games was a fixture in my cousin’s basement circa 1996

So much so I bought for myself 2Xtreme, and then 3Xtreme, the long awaited fully 3D version

2 Likes

oh man 989 got a lot of heat in those days