Switch! (Part 1)

a friend of mine got a switch recently and i let him borrow some games that’s another reason

3 Likes

Please buy any other version of ToM

Yes, even the Android and iOS versions, your phone will probably run the game better than a switch

1 Like

Only game I regret buying physical, other than Mario 3D All Stars (because it was a scam), is Animal Crossing. I would still be playing that game if I didn’t have to physically put the cart in for a quick boot.

1 Like

Animal Crossing is the only thing I didn’t buy physical when I had the choice.

3 Likes

the temporary ownership of an animal crossing: new horizons Game Card is like being issued a mostly refundable purgatory ticket

you are free you have purified yourself :raccoon::chains: :sparkles: :chains::anchor: and can now be granted paradise :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

4 Likes

it was nice tho

2 Likes

New WarioWare game has a free demo out now

8 Likes

Is there a tier list yet?

4 Likes

IMO

S tier
18 volt

A tier
Wario
Cricket
Orbulon

B tier
No one

C tier
Kat & Ana
Mona

The girls are not great, I’m afraid

I initially wasn’t fond of the idea of having an avatar running around on the screen instead of the immediately punchier controls of the older WW games (press A to catch a beer) but the demo sold me on the game. With each character controlling veryvdifferently, having both the microgame and the character you play as be randomly selected allows a lot of permutations and makes each microgame stay fresh for longer than usual

I really feel like this one could be really good ! + I’m in the mood for some new weird unlockable Wario Ware extras

9 Likes

Yeah, I had a good time with the demo too. I played co-op with my partner and it works pretty well! It’s funny, certain microgames are much easier with two players, and some are much harder. There’s one where you have to touch a specific number of fish. With one player it’s trivial, but with two you really have to coordinate, or you’ll end up both rushing for them and going over the limit.

We got a high score of 45, and still never made it to a boss fight, so I’m assuming there isn’t one in this demo. I hope the full game has them though, because I always thought those were a real highlight.

2 Likes

My high score is 65 with Wario / Cricket / Orbulon, I am obsessed with this demo like it’s 1997

I initially saw 18-volt as the best but he has a lot of trouble with some a few specific games, and becomes a hindrance when aiming for high score (lol) as a result

The balance is all over the place and that’s good. Wario Ware should not be balanced. It’s really great when you get to use a character that absolutely trivializes a micro game you had trouble with before, by breaking the implicit rules of the micro game (example: in that game where you have to knock over objects to destroy a piggy bank, Orbulon can just fly over the stage, grab the piggy bank and smash it on the floor)

10 Likes

51 over here… might have to fire back up now

edit: lmao

4 Likes

Why not

14 Likes

Did anyone pick up No More Heroes 3 yesterday? Surprised I haven’t heard any impressions yet.

1 Like

i ordered a copy but it’s not arrived, and it’s a holiday on monday so won’t get it till tuesday at the earliest :frowning: i almost only buy digital games for switch, but im really unsure about this one after hating nmh2… i have been hearing positive things though.

3 Likes

Yeah, because I’m a weirdo I ordered that fancy French version with the art book. I’ll be a couple weeks late to the party, but that’ll give me time to replay the first two and finally finish that top down spin-off.

2 Likes

I’ve started it and made a thread but not sure if anyone was playing. So far it feels like a very polished version of the original revisited with a lot of the better stylistic flourishes from Grasshopper’s catalogue. The game definitely feels like it benefits from having played Travis Strikes Again as there’s a lot of nods.

Really enjoying it and it’s nowhere near as busted as I thought it would be (a lot better than deadly premonition 2).

Am at rank 8 and the overworld is pretty much what I was expecting, very similar to NMH1 with a little bit more to do and more streamlined collectible-finding.

9 Likes

is there not a thread for friend codes? im in the mood to add a million people

SW-1385-2238-2903

3 Likes

there’s this one, and you can check people’s profiles for IDs too

1 Like
14 Likes