Switch! (Part 1)

I’m hoping enough time has passed that I can play LoM again. Like I really loved that game the first time i played it, but then a year later i tried to replay it and it just didn’t hit as well. So hyped to try it again assuming the port is decent.

Btw, Legend of Mana is also coming out for PS4 and Steam if that wasn’t clear.

2 Likes

You know I just realized I’m a big stupid hypocrite, I bought a 360 in spite of the RRoD issue (in fact, I bought a second 360 to replace my original one when it did RRoD after a few years and sort of just ruefully accepted my fate) and all this time I’ve been harumphing about the Joycon drift thing.

Shut up, Mikey.

That said I need another conduit for adding to my video game backlog like I need a hole in my head so I probably still won’t get one. But, ya know, we must reflect upon our own bullshit.

8 Likes

The Joycon drift is almost exactly the same situation EXCEPT it’s also deeply infuriating to experience it as it slowly but surely decays. Also, because it’s “only” $60 to get new joycons it’s more tempting to just buy new ones instead of fix the old ones.

It’s bad.

Also it’s been an issue for like, 3 years or whatever and they still haven’t fixed it.

3 Likes

I haven’t had drift develop on my joycons (probably just don’t play enough) but can you use a can of anhydrous alcohol a/k/a contact cleaner? I’ve fixed a few soldered-down switches by sticking the straw nozzle as close to the contact as I can.

1 Like

9 Likes

imo they probably aren’t ever going to fix it because “not playing games for a month while they repair them” is inconvenient enough that folks with disposable income will buy another set anyway

i’ve resigned myself to using an 8bitdo while it’s docked and only touching the joycons when it’s portable in hopes i can extend their life a bit further. it sucks that my favorite feature of the switch has an awful hardware tax and i’d never, ever recommend anyone buy a switch lite because of it

4 Likes

you can and this is one of the things people recommend before doing the “send to Nintendo” step of escalation

while I think that, yes, Nintendo/whatever partner engineered the stick should have probably built a better mousetrap, the entirety of the stick package is maybe half an inch tall so odds are good that shooting for a joycon-esque form factor would have meant something would be fucked at some point

the only upside is that the joycon is almost completely modular and you can just buy a new stick and put it in there yourself because all it needs is screws and a flat ribbon cable (though personally, fucking with a flat ribbon cable is already too much)

5 Likes

Sounds like another of these “HD 2D” games afraid to step out of the retro carbon copy frame that I can ignore but enjoy the character art and music from afar.

2 Likes

spl1
spl2

call it a hunch but I think this Splatoon 3 game is gonna be big

4 Likes

if splatoon 2 was so good why isn’t there a splatoon 3

Ghosts & Goblins is free to download on a Capcom Arcade Stadium until Feb 25.

3 Likes

Easy in this arcade version is comparable to the NES version for anyone having more trouble than usual.

I still can’t beat those twins at the end of level 2.

1 Like

do you keep it after the 25th?

1 Like

Not sure if you meant that as a joke or not. But I think you can still play it after the 25th because it’s DLC.

hoooooo buddy i’m so hurt nobody tagged me re: there kinda being a new bokunatsu game WOW as prob one of like 5? people who played friday monsters attack i am very excited

now i have a reason to keep my switch besides like, botw2 and smt5

7 Likes

I noticed that Pastel Mr Shin game looked a lot like Attack of the Friday Monsters. Is there like a loose series beyond these two or is it a developer in common or something?

Same director. There’s also a series called “Boku no natsuyasumi” (my summer vacation), all with the same director, Kaz Ayabe. Friday Monsters and the Bokunatsu series were all made by the company Millennium Kitchen, though I don’t see MK attached to this project (I expect more than just Ayabe from the MK team is working on it, but I can’t say).

2 Likes

Cool! I didn’t realize there was more stuff to seek out. Thanks!

2 Likes

uh oh.

i wish i would’ve seen this post during the animal harvest fever. i don’t even use my switch that much. it’s basically a final fantasy xii: za machine ( and eventually dragon quest when i get my booty in gear )

1 Like