Super Mario 2006

Time moves differently in the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario is shocked to return to our world and find that it isn’t 1989

4 Likes

Nintendo Switch: Finally we have the graphical prowess of Saints Row 3

6 Likes

Ok, this owns.

This looks super weird in a good way. Are we back to the era of games with soul?
Reminds me of the N64 and Dreamcast era early screenshots where it seemed like everything was possible

1 Like

I thought those were bad internet connection issues. Hah.

Anyway, I was totally hype for this, like no way will this game be as fucking crazy as Sonic 06 because Nintendo polish but yeah, still, this is somewhat crazy. But then the hat grew eyeballs and my hopes kinda plummeted quite a lot. Like what the fuck kinda Rare design philosophy shit is this? They really had to throw a fucking gimmick in there, they couldn’t just make a damn good Mario 128 Adventure game, nope. Gotta have a living hat on your head to annoy the living hell out of you. Probably. Probably gonna give you some tutorials. Ugh. Kill me.

Bowser looks fucking boss though. 2017: Year of Bowser.

4 Likes

i agree with all of this except i think it’s good

The logo + name + general weird globe-trotting reminds me of Mario is Missing, except as an actual and good (?) Mario game

4 Likes

Honestly the first thought I had before any comparisons to Sonic Adventure/'06, etc.

but will it be as good as Mario is Missing

nintendo responding to recent political currents

5 Likes

this is one of my favorite KoP threads at this point thank you all

1 Like

I wonder what it is Mario does besides run and jump around. Is Nintendo going to make him get an office job and a wife and a mortgage?

1 Like

are you fricking kidding me people. its NEW DONK CITY. theres a DIXIE STREET hiw can you imagine anythung but the final boss being anything but mario climbing a half built skyscrapers scaffolding while a kong thriws barrels at him

11 Likes

Mario eats a mega shroom and crawls up a the Empire Donk Building while Kongs in helicopters shoot bananas at him

16 Likes

this upsets my deeply ingrained mario convictions, please leave

1 Like

honestly katamario damasuper brothers would be a great game, you just keep eating more and more horrible growth shrooms and increase your destructive capabilities until you can smash worlds with your powerful gloved fists

1 Like

6 Likes
9 Likes

alright so who’s gonna make this their avatar huh

5 Likes

here for the donk

2 Likes

ALMOST EVERYONE IS WEARING A HAT IN THIS.

2 Likes

Hats own

Give Peach a hat imo

4 Likes

A hat-wearing omen.

8 Likes