Super Mario 2006

Or the Delfino flustered mutter

The biggest dumbest grin across my face at the new perfect mario. I imagine it in my head with long travel sequences between mini-overworlds to mask loading.

important Mario lore update:

9 Likes

I mean the entire video is just

2 Likes

Nintendo literally depicts internet pedophiles preying on Bowser Jr. as Boos

4 Likes

parental controls have to be demonstrated by bowser, because he is the only person in the mushroom kingdom who has ever fucked successfully

27 Likes

how racist is this game gonna be

1 Like

I like how NEW DONK CITY is based on modern times but everyone is dressed liked the 1940’s.

9 Likes

this is nintendo could you ever imagine it another way

this looks so weird and joyful and good holy shit

Mario parkours around ersatz NYC. Mario runs across a path of flowers through the sky in a redwood forest (!!). Mario THROWS HIS OWN HAT LIKE A BOOMERANG and USES IT LIKE A PLATFORM am i dreaming, has Nintendo been studying my Mario Dreams™

the true dark souls starts here

24 Likes

lonely game

3 Likes

We have a thread for this shit come on

4 Likes

[quote=“sleepysmiles, post:32, topic:3715, full:true”]the true dark souls starts here
[/quote]

This game seems like the least stylistically consistent Nintendo has ever made. The different worlds have nothing to do with each other nor with traditional Mario elements. And slapping Mario’s cartoony figure into a world like that sucks it of any atmosphere it might’ve had and just leaves an aftertaste of meaningless “weird”.

2 Likes

It certainly confuses me!

Nintendo also seems real into super-saturated teal and magenta right now. The color palettes of ARMS, Splatoon, Mario’s Mexico world are pretty ouch right now

The house style as of Wii U was rather pleasant (primary colors + white rim lighting + strong orange/pink/blue colored lighting) and it looks like they’re changing it up in a direction I don’t like as much.

2 Likes

What are these pink triangles Mario is collecting instead of coins

Replace Mario and this would be indistinguishable from any of those knock-off platformers starring Bubsy K. Ratchicoot

1 Like

oof, that’s harsh

I’m hoping it’s easier on the eyes when you’re spending 5-minutes+ on each art style rather than cutting between them, but yeah. The reveal of New Donk city had me hoping I’d see a '90s New York film-set look (Ninja Turtles, Last Action Hero) but it’s so sunny and flat and vague when we’re not looking at the great taxicab model.

1 Like

I welcome a Mario game that appears as stylistically weird as Brawl’s Space Emissary cutscenes but (hopefully) without the actual terribleness of Space Emissary mode

4 Likes

I’d totally approve of New Donk City if it was a super-secret level in Mario 3d World you had to perform a La-Mulana style puzzle to reach

6 Likes