🐅 Sukajan Showcase 🐉

The real-old ones are made with Rayon from Parachutes. This is also what Tailor Toyo uses. The Satori ones use modern Rayon.

The cheap ones are just polyester.

First Shop uses a satin-blend.

3 Likes

Switch Japan also has cheaper models I can’t find online between 11,000-22,000. @dylan had their eye on a black jacket with black embrodiery I cannot find a picture of.

Such is my current furvor I bought a nice cheap one off yahoo auctions and lord I hope it doesn’t stink of cigarettes. It didn’t say it in the auction which…hmm.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

i remember the nintendo mother 3 one!

i really this one where you get spooned by a skelly

ED_-bdmUwAEvkH-

4 Likes

I am like 80% sure with no evidence the Mother 2 jacket was made by First Shop.

get one with the front of this t-shirt on the back

5 Likes

It does not stink and is actually a Satori commissioned for a designer label so it is nice I just need to take it to the cleaners.

2 Likes

will you survive declaring you’re a doors fan though

Come On Brooks Light My Fire.

http://www.urdoors.com/

First Shoukai Jacket. Y’all will want to click through.

1 Like

weirdly enough urban research did a pretty nifty sukajan a few years back which had the usual tiger or whatever on the back embroidered as if very low resolution pixels/mosaic tiles
wish i could find a shot, i have been looking

cross stitch and embroidery is the original pixel art

3 Likes

why

2 Likes

Why the text? Because that’s the sort of thing Japanese bikers think is cool on their jackets.

1 Like

that second one is veering dangerously close to ed hardy territory for me

3 Likes

i found out american streetwear brands have been making sukajan-adjacent jackets for years

1 Like

if the basic purpose of sukajan in the first place was to commemorate tours of duty (?) i think we should be making ones about touring impossible new spaces or deeply mundane ones at home

4 Likes