STUNLOCK THE PRESSES: combo breaking news (Part 1)

i feel like i’d transition to PC if my “gaming set up” were conducive to it.

i guess i could be one of those people who uses a computer from the couch on a TV, but…idk

but yeah, that’s the primary reason i stick to consoles right now. but also, very little desire to jump into any of these in the first year

3 Likes

I do this and it owns. never going back. if anything I want to build a more compact “desk” PC for doing coding work and stuff.

2 Likes

yeah i guess they have those lap-table things for mouse/keyboard. HMMMM…

ideally, i want a new laptop, but need to wait for a sale. but also, it’s unclear to me which ones output HDR or DolbyVision

Highly recommend this keyboard/trackpad, pairs with three devices over RF or Bluetooth.

Anything with HDMI 2.1 will output HDR but I don’t think any Windows stuff supports Dolby Vision

3 Likes

the amount of circles on this keyboard is upsetting

6 Likes

Where is your chiclet god now

5 Likes

once big picture added a setting to automatically change your main monitor from your desk to (in my case) your projector when you turn the controller on and press the home button I was very happy with the desk to couch setup, fwiw

5 Likes

honestly I just sit my mouse directly on the couch. it works fine, even for gaming.

2 Likes

Steam Link over LAN is also nearly perfect, I don’t even run the extra long HDMI cable anymore.

I just spent an hour trying to get the thps remake to work over my steam link and ultimately gave up due to the way steam handles controllers so it’s not a universal solution :frowning:

Apparently the XseS has been sitting on a shelf in the background of whatever room Phil Spencer streams from when interacting with people from his house and no one noticed.

But who would have known, aside from insiders.

1 Like

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5.

1 Like

Bring back Toro Station.

12 Likes

What are the chances the very first thing we see is the price? Even before anyone speaks a giant graphic of $449 or $599 will dominate the frame.

1 Like

It will be weird if they don’t mention the price considering Microsoft finally drew first blood and gave theirs. It’s weird both have avoided talking about price for as long as they have anyway.

I imagine if it’s not the first thing they discuss then they’re not confident it’ll look good. They’ll either try to butter people up with previews and trailers before slipping the price out in a press release or brag about how the price is $5 less than an XBox Sex first thing in the presentation.

Price usually comes at the end because everything coming before has to justify it and make people want to spend that hundreds of dollars. I’m mainly interested in seeing what kind of UI and OS they’ve got this time. Xbox’s is fairly similar to what they have right now, right? And it’s also being pushed to the current gen. Sony usually tries weird stuff that doesn’t work 3/4 of the time.

2 Likes

Never thought I’d miss the xmb but then the ps4 came out so I’m curious what ways they’ve figured out for making the UI worse. Maybe get some use out of the “shout brand names at the screen” patent?

8 Likes

Dramatisation:

10 Likes