STUNLOCK THE PRESSES: combo breaking news (Part 1)

Yeah, even now. for some all collision boxes are hitboxes while for some others the defensive ones are hurtboxes, there’s the pushbox/physical extent, proximity block which can mean different things, absolute guard, or that thing-that-SFV-gets-wrong-in-rollbacks that’s, depending on the technical presentation or article, called frame advantage (unrelated to attacks’ frame advantage), rift, sync or curveball (ok, that last one is just a qualifier in a presentation where they don’t mention the actual name they use for the thing).

I remember that technical presentation about Eve Online, from local alliance Goonswarm, about how to mess with the game’s dynamic server management using specific formations where they had concepts such as celestial bridges, grid shaping, boxing a POS, and WTF space.

4 Likes

new iidx got announced

most absurd name since iidx 19: lincle
genuinely don’t know how they come up with this stuff

edit: my theory regarding the game’s concept is that you are the proprietor of a fine bistro, and you will rove the whole planet looking for gourmet ingredients

10 Likes

Legit thought it was some new indie game until I saw the “beatmania 0OX 28”. That logo is all over the place.

4 Likes

bemani player: “bistro saucer! bistro saucer! bistro saucer!
mom: “we have bistro saucer at home”
bistro saucer at home:

also fuck I can’t believe it’s been 8 fucking years since jubeat saucer wtf

4 Likes
7 Likes

odd

3 Likes

way to lampshade the gayness of beltscroll

3 Likes

Isn’t that what we also call music?

1 Like

Spinch is now available. The art is by a cartoonist whose work I like, Jesse Jacobs (Safari Honeymoon, Crawl Space). I will probably try the game out after work today.

Edit: Cheaper here, and you still get a Steam key:

8 Likes

This is out soon!

Alan Hazelden has made some pretty enjoyable puzzle games (Cosmic Express, Sokobond) in the past and this looks like another one! I still need to give A Good Snowman is Hard to Build a try.

4 Likes

Nintendo announced a Super Mario Bros. Game and Watch.

A tiny handheld that plays Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros 2j.

I want one.

10 Likes

it’s hard to top the supreme Objectness of a gamenwatch

12 Likes

Meanwhile I think I found the dumbest videogame

sound on btw

14 Likes

looks like a good followup to KOZHAKOV’s previous game

3 Likes

ruh roh

1 Like

I played the limited time Spinch demo a month or so back and it looks great and plays… less so. To be fair it didn’t mention that you had a dash button and one of the three demo levels was an ice one so perhaps the full game will be stronger, but I’d be lying if the demo didn’t make me a bit concerned.

The full game does explain how to dash. (I missed the demo.) I’m on the third world now and a few things have been tricky for me but nothing too bad. But I will report back to SB with a real opinion when I finish the game if no one else has given an equivalent report at that point.

I agree that the art is stronger than the mechanics from what I’ve seen, though.

2 Likes