Steven Universe, don't tumblr my rocks!

I mean, if you’re a kid watching this show, it’s good to understand some of psychology of common shitty behavior they’re going to see out there. I like the Ronaldo and Steven’s Uncle stuff because the episode focuses on understanding why these characters act this way, what they want, what they’re insecure about, etc.

Once you understand where this behavior comes from, you’re equipped to engage with them or dismiss them, however you choose.

If the show were to perpetually shut Ronaldo down, we wouldn’t have so much Ronaldo.

Steven only even gets tangibly impatient with him once.

Surasshu said that Sunstone’s theme was heavily Sega-inspired. It, uh, shows.

Makes sense sonically, as it were, combining chiptune (Steven) and synth bass (Garnet).

Likewise, the Obsidian music owes something to Shadow of the Colossus. Appropriately enough.

Aivi clarified that on the occasions Steven’s more masculine side shows, he’s represented by brass. So that’s where this arrangement comes from, along with the piano, synth bass, and synth drums.

The Rainbow Quartz music was just posted this morning. No commentary on it as yet.

Oh, yeah, there’s a new comic as of… I guess technically yesterday now. But today, wake-wise. In which Stevonnie defends a pride parade.

There are several backup stories. Oversize issue. One of them, I guess, involves Vidalia repeatedly misnaming and misgendering Smoky, and it starting to wear them down.

Oh, yeah. And the implication that Garnet threw rocket punches at Stonewall.

The writer says he figures Garnet has been surreptitiously showing up all through recent human history at key queer happenings, to provide backup.

Since I cannot stop looking at it, this was very nearly a cover to the ongoing comic last year. It was turned down in favor of a less… fancy design, though. (The artist currently does background art for DuckTales.)

EDIT: This is the cover they eventually went with, by the same artist. Which is fine, if less, um, ambitious.

That nearlycover is extremely good

If I still had a working cell phone, that would be my new lockscreen.