Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

I meant no harm and also didn’t know to begin with

just… playing Broforce hurt me (and Unity’s perception on the console) bad

This PSN flash sale may be the cheapest SOMA has ever been. SOMA is a good game.

Good deal on Axiom Verge as well.

ahaha

no, it’s absolutely true

Galak-Z sometimes reaches 60FPS but it’s more likely the heap is fragmented and it’s hitching every 30 seconds because we couldn’t tell the garbage collector to STOP DOING THAT

I would feel worse if ‘engineer’ was my job title instead of ‘designer who wrote a quarter of the code’

3 Likes

it really sucks that unity’s only real hard requirement is “one core as fast as a 2012 macbook’s” and the PS4 couldn’t do that and it took half of its lifespan for them to release a unity version that can kind of multithread better but most games can’t directly update to it

because it’s an extremely good and accessible engine if not for little things like that

I think you guys are vastly underestimating just how bad Broforce’s port was when it first came out

1 Like

I love that amazing 5-second hitch that pops up right after each level starts

because I know that bug and remember how we fixed it

man, and the race-based time-stop level that was almost impossible with that hitch but I beat it anyway (Broforce is pretty good and could have been reshuffled to be quite good)

Guys did you know Nier Automata is on sale for just 60 dollars!

let’s not go overboard here

hee

I’d still recommend it to anyone with a budget less than, say, $1m or less than 1GB in assets; at that size you probably can’t get into too much trouble.

Above that you probably have an engineer or two and should look at Unreal (don’t look at Lumberyard (the salvaged remains of CryEngine) because you don’t know when the burning pile that is Amazon’s game division will suddenly collapse)

1 Like

did you also have the bug where the game will just go to a black screen for 2 minutes before the next stage loads, if it doesn’t crash?

I just like giving Broforce so much shit because both it and Cactus launched on the PS4 on the same day and the gulf in quality of execution is shocking

1 Like

behind the scenes:

application.loadlevelasync();
gc.collect();
gc.collect();
//seriously dammit
gc.collect();
gc.collect();

2 Likes

sittin here with a ps4 devkit in my house bout to open unity LESGO

2 Likes

if your looking to buy digital xbox 360 games they got some deep discounts this week. lot of easy under 10 dollar pickups

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/promotions/sales/backward-compatibility-super-sale

1 Like

There are some good games discounted this week in the PSN store. These PS4 titles, for example (prices assume PS Plus, I think):

• Bloodborne (complete) for $18
  • Just Cause 3 (with the expansions, which are important because that’s how you get the mechs) for $21
  • Layers of Fear (the base game is fun but the expansion is boring) for $9
  • Dark Souls 2 for $12
  • Walking Dead Part 3 (have not played this one yet, but I guess I will now) for $15

Oh wow, I.must have missed that Layers of Fear got an expansion. Too bad it’s boring I guess.

How boring? Like, take it off my wishlist boring? (I probably wouldn’t need much convincing, my wishlists are stupid deep)

The add-on has its moments, but it also makes you search for things in environments that can be kind of a pain to navigate and are not as interesting (to me) as what you come across in the main game. I suppose that’s because it’s about the fears of a kid rather than of a mentally ill guy.

I guess my main criticism is that I found myself having to figure out what to do and where to go rather than simply stumbling into the next strange situation.

I still want to try PT at some point.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/vanquish

1 Like

v. fitting

5 Likes

Save 90% on Master Spy on Steam

link, $1.50 rn