Stardew Valley Has Harvested My Fucking Soul

It’s kind of the opposite. Rather than taking the day at your own convenience, you were forced to check back with Farmville at set time periods so you could progress at the game’s convenience.

I have to wonder what went wrong in the world when not one but two people (only one of them ostensibly shitposting) in this thread compare the game to Farmville :frowning:

Anyhow, I noticed there was a bit of a rebalance in the latest patch to make animal-based products more valuable so I’ve finally upgraded my coop and will think about a barn.

Yeah this why I never got into Animal Crossing. It holds your time to ransom rather than allowing you to set a pace.

this game is the harvest moon I’ve wanted my entire life

1 Like

completely second this, played this for 5 hours at a grip yesterday. it’s like HM without all the grindy wake-up-and-weed-the-garden-and-do-your-chores-and-go-to-bed that i hated. due to the division between energy/health/time, there’s so much more time in the day that you can conceivably take care of your farm then head out and adventure the rest of the day. the quest system is great for keeping you pointed in some kind of direction without being overbearing.

I’m just out of my first spring, maybe it gets more intense later on, right now i’m having a blast just doing my chores and then mining/fishing/chatting the day away. current goal is to upgrade some of my tools, and hopefully plant a bunch of blueberries so i can rake in the dough (i’ve been hurting for cash). once that happens then i can start upgrading stuff at will. it seems like there’s so much to discover in the game :relaxed:

has anyone romanced haley (the rich girl)? i usually go for the rich girl in these types of games, but really i want to know who has a more interesting/satisfying path. looking at haley or leah

Thankfully you can date both of them at the same time with no consequences and see all their romantic cutscenes before deciding. Actually you can take this one step further and be dating all the bachelors and bachelorettes if you really wanted to! Be that pimp.

(Dating is giving them a special bouquet at 8 hearts, which allows you to progress to 10 hearts and eventually marriage)

1 Like

Winter feels pretty empty huh

I kind of hate my completionist tendencies when it comes to the community center

Yeah, winter is slime-slayin’ season as far as this cowboy is concerned.

Sounds like real life.

1 Like

I like winter because it gives you a bit of time to focus on other things, and take inventory. You can prepare for the upcoming seasons (though you also need to prepare FOR winter before it comes) and hopefully improve upon last year. Of course, they throw some new crops into the mix, as well.

i didn’t really prepare for winter, how does one do that

If you have animals, you need to make sure that your silo is full of hay for them…aside from that, you may want to stockpile some crops that you can process into preserves/wine/etc. This way, you can have a decent income during the ‘off’ season.

are any of you 3DS-owning persons going to get the new Story of Seasons: Only It’s Actually A PoPoLoCrois Game With Farming?

I can understand if you think it wanders too far, ahem, [I]afield[/I]

Someone tell me about the mods. I hear there’s a Pokemon mod that adds Pokebattles?

Also are there any mods to make the sprites nicer? Or the character portraits at least?

i do really dislike the people sprites, it’s kind of a sticking point for me

Yup, there’s mods for all of that.

ill make new people sprites one day
ive actualy been thinking about this a lot, theyre pretty much wonky rpg maker sprites

1 Like

The internet has told me you can replace all animals in this game with Pokémon. Pretty sure I’m going to play this game now. I mean, I can’t think of a game that wouldn’t be improved by this kind of mod.

I read a recipe and downloaded some stuff and got this game running on my wife’s macbook so I can play laying down on the sofa. About halfway through Winter and like got some heart points with Penny the poor teacher girl, and some cows and chickens and a kitchen and some kind of dark obsidian sword and got down to lvl105 in the mines and made some Ancient Wine and my Jack O Lantern rotted and turned to mush and next year I ain’t watering shit all my bars are going towards sprinklers yeah wow I see what everybody meant what a good videogame.

3 Likes

Dude you gotta get your way into the sewer and start talking to the Krobus, who sells Iridum Sprinklers once or twice a week.

He’s also a demon maybe???

He likes horseradishes a lot and is a p. good dude once you get to know him.