star wars: jedi knight IV: dark forces 5: the force unleashed 3: Rebel Assault

Well, it’s limited and only available at the end game if I remember correctly

that is true in dark souls 1, but every other game has had fast travel from the get go including bloodborne so I kind of feel like it’s not really definitive to what “dark souls” is anymore but maybe i’m just a dumb nerd who needs to stfu

I think the main thing is that fast travel can be fine if it’s implemented thoughtfully

and AAA devs almost never do so maybe it’s good that they are omitting it

2 Likes

Honestly, I think that’s where the game is mostly spent, too (though there are some classic moments to sputter out)

it probably also depends somewhat on the order you play them. if it’s your first souls game you’re certain to spend much more time around the early difficulty walls, while by that final leg you’re more “in the zone”

as long as you trust them to implement shortcuts thoughtfully lol
hot take: shortcuts are overrated. just make a world that’s actually worth backtracking through

1 Like

yes

this isn’t new

light sabers were always blunt objects

unless you had used the cheat code

1 Like

intentionally releasing this game in the death stranding window to capitalize on normie backlash is a solid gambit

10 Likes

It is kinda shocking to me how little fanfare this game seems to be getting? None of my normie friends are talking about it, like, at all.

1 Like

No megastructures, not a Jedi Knight game.

10 Likes

I dunno, it might have some. Titanfall 2 actually gets close to architecture like this at a few points.

1 Like

unf

2 Likes

still can’t believe they went with such an Archie ass protagonist

also apparently it’s pretty middling, respawn sure have been put to waste

So far Eurogamer is the only outlet with a lukewarm review; gonna crank it up to the hardest setting and see how it compares to Sekiro.

This is a pretty poor review here

I didn’t know this game had uncharted style climb-by-numbers sections. And that REALLY turns me off. I was pretty close to doing the EA subscription for 1 month.

2 Likes

Perfect personality for a Jedi, frankly.

Betty and Veronica are the light and dark sides of the force

2 Likes

This game definitely contains megastructures, by the way.

4 Likes

EA dropped the ball on Star Wars this gen. Two Battlefronts and this, did I miss anything? Is everyone just hoping if the metacritics get low enough Disney will give Star Wars to a publisher that can put out more than three games? Are Factor 5 still around? A new Rogue Squadron would be neat.

Looking forward to playing this though. Sekiro-but-Star-Wars sounds good even if it’s not actually Sekiro-good.

remake yoda stories cowards

10 Likes

Pay Elite Dangerous people to make new TIE Fighter

2 Likes