star wars: jedi knight IV: dark forces 5: the force unleashed 3: Rebel Assault

Against all hope and evidence I imagine in my mind palace enjoying this game and considering it the spiritual sequel to Shadows of the Empire.

I’m probably gonna get it.

2 Likes

shadows of the empire was legit. you know i can’t miss any opportunity to go “n64, yes, very good, carry on”

5 Likes

id play the new star wars game if it had a wampa__stompa_ debug code like shadows of the empire

GOD i loved playing that game in wireframe

i want kotor 2 again but apparently thats outer worlds so yes, this game has to be shadows of the empire, including a good code, for maximum satisfaction

2 Likes

the hilarious thing is that it is literally just the actor’s actual face

it seems bad as hell but also this is the guy they got to play The Joker, acting’s most challenging and twisted role, for Gotham

so that’s kind of a Video Games: 1 ; Television: 0 type situation IMO

this is what happened when they decided to make the main character of our last game look more like Troy Baker

Don’t Let It Happen to You!

5 Likes

I made some post about this earlier where a couple minutes into one of their long ass trailers there was a Skill Point Acquired! prompt AND ALSO an automatically made mark on the automap that was like “you don’t have the key ability for this lock yet let’s mark it so you know to come back here when you get the right key ability” and I was absolutely done with this shit

6 Likes

I had no idea what this game was until I saw this thread

just looked at it and it looks really great y’all

I feel like the only person who plays 1 to zero “AAA” games in a year and is still mesmerized by them

it looks like Jedi Outcast: More

3 Likes

I was on the Assassin’s Creed train for a while and love Naughty Dog but eventually you just get full to bursting with this shit. Give it time

1 Like

tim’s video reflecting on the game’s “honest geometry” is still his best to date imo.
it’s also a massive part of the appeal of dark souls, which is why it’s dismaying that the combat seems to be the only major element AAA projects are interested in replicating.

anyways i already vented my negativity in the axe* so I’m kinda over it now. hopefully this game will find a way to surprise me. maybe there are mechanical subtleties I’m not seeing yet?? i like that it shows enemy stamina bars, perhaps it’ll have a bit of a nioh feel once the encounter design becomes more hectic

(*retoast for reference)
2 Likes

For the most part this is correct but there was a recent article making a big deal about how there is no fast travel, just like Dark Souls. That gives me hope that maybe with this game they’re taking more from the souls blueprint than it seems.

2 Likes

Enemies also respawn whenever you rest just like Dark Souls.

hmm

Buuuuut there are difficulty levels. The higher ones just tighten up the timing windows for your main combat actions which are blocking, dodging and parrying. No telling if they’ve got a sweet spot or not until it’s out in the wild.

interesting. maybe also they are/were anticipating potential competition with metroid prime 4

The best videogame lightsaber is in Revengeance

Kojima wins again

5 Likes

g_saberRealisticCombat 1

6 Likes

It’s a compromise. You can dismember robots and non human enemies all you want but storm troopers are off the table because Disney.

but every dark souls game has fast travel??

whichever action adventure game franchise gives me single connected world, no fast travel and no re-spawning enemies first wins

3 Likes

yeah but the idealised “dark souls” critics all praise basically ends at anor londo

1 Like