sports on youtube, etc.

post cool videos of sports matches you enjoyed, i recently found out MLB has tons of full games posted on youtube

i was watching this baseball game live on tv and it was incredible

3 Likes

one of the greatest cricket one-day matches of all time… these are 18 min highlights

not on youtube but here are the full 8 hours of 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Final: England v New Zealand

ICC’s From The Vault page has other replays of classic cricket matches in full

3 Likes

was just trying to find something to sum up what I love about tennis, this’ll do. it’s got everything I love: the raucous crowd which hushes to a pin drop in moments and for the duration of the point (quiet footsteps and ball bounces on wimbledon’s grass enhance the silent atmosphere), before bursting into applause again at the end of the point. repeat for 3 hours. the epic sense of time-standing-still on the court.

the unbeatable grace of Federer’s game on his favorite surface (look at some of those serve returns!!!). the cutaways to the chiseled faces of various tennis luminaries. would have been a good one to see live (watching tennis live is 100x better than watching it on tv).

2 Likes

Curling Canada puts up like 90% of national level curling events on YouTube without ads the day it aired on cable, and I love them for it

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I did not know you could play foosball this well

5 Likes
3 Likes

Canada just got mercy-ruled 12-1 by USA in the World Baseball Classic

3 Likes

some killer games in the WBC this year

3 Likes

whoof classic is right

2 Likes

really enjoy these tournaments where you see rosters from the club teams all mixed up. lets you see the best of the best and then be encouraged to follow them at their club team

the same dynamic doesn’t obtain in soccer, it’s just too hard when everyone plays in different leagues

the reverse happens in cricket actually, you watch a club competition like Indian Premier League and it teaches you about these international players who you might not otherwise go out of your way to see

1 Like

the wbc championship (USA vs Japan) is ongoing in the top of the 2nd if anyone wants to watch

1 Like

incredible, playoff-atmosphere game for this early in the season

braves are red-hot right now, really fun to watch

1 Like

been watching all the nba playoff highlights to catch up, been tracking baseball and sleeping on basketball

this was a sick game

wild one

jimmy butler playing out of his damn mind

1 Like
1 Like

All of these preview images make me think of NBA Jam

1 Like