speedrun thread

turns out yelling orb is still annoying

7 Likes

whoa that’s awesome

1 Like
5 Likes

sub-34! new route!
probably aiming for sub-33 now. the new route saves probably 45+ seconds and was incidentally routed by banned SB poster rypietrowski
6 Likes

Making great strides there, 5 days from taking the WR to shaving off minutes from that same time.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Just so you aren’t posting alone, here’s my RONIN NG+ run that I finished recently.

It’s an interesting category because of three things:

1. Many stages have added enemies as well as those with machine guns ‘sweep’ with their bullets instead of maintaining a stable trajectory.
  2. You have all the skills available to you, the biggest being teleport to an enemy.
  3. You can ignore all objectives except for having an alert (enemies will call in an alert after 9 seconds if they see your activity) because it automatically fails the level. Early on in a level you have to dispatch an enemy instead of leaving them behind *but* you can race to finish before the countdown completes.

The route plays out in a very interleaving way with the other categories that is rather satisfying, mainly because it’s a culmination of everything I learned up to that point.

1 Like

haven’t exported it to youtube yet, but i finished my first run in king’s field iii (ii in america) at 1:05:09. the WR is 55:28. not bad considering i died a few times. this game is really fucking brutal with multiple opportunities to get instantaneously one-shot 45+ minutes into the run

3 Likes

new WR!
8 Likes

haha i thought you would have taken at least a whole day

i was behind the whole dang time!

side-by-side comparison of szsk’s run from 2007 versus mine:
https://viewsync.net/watch?v=CnWpH6QgcHw&t=126&v=nh9xv1hUo04&t=81.82

2 Likes

this run makes for a much more exciting race between me and the old run: https://viewsync.net/watch?v=o63ly2rMi64&t=5.5&v=nh9xv1hUo04&t=81.87

3 Likes

lots of options for what to do next
here are the four options i’m currently considering

1. king’s field 3J any% (use-glitch) - uses a NG+ glitch to get late-game items and skip most of the run. current WR is under 25m
  2. king’s field 3J any% (good ending) - similar to bad ending, but gets the good ending. not sure if this one would be much fun, as i’ll need to grind the excellector (starting sword) to level 3. no idea how you would do that other than grinding for an extended period of time
  3. king’s field 3J pilot style any% - very rare prequel demo to KF3J. apparently less than 20 copies exist, so i’d be running this on emulator. as far as i know, no one has ever routed or run this game. it’s about an hour casually, so hypothetically this one might only take a few minutes when routed efficiently - no idea, i haven’t played it yet
  4. king’s field 4 any% (bad ending) - there is an existing route, but it’s all in japanese and i would want help translating some things from the annotations before i would want to go too ham

not sure what i wanna do!

2 Likes

I’m all about rarity and blazing trails, this sounds super cool

1 Like

i found out that there may be somewhere between 100-1000 copies in the wild, so maybe it is slightly less rare than what i thought. still pretty damn rare. i wanna find someone who has a copy eventually so i can do this on console!
2 Likes

Hell Yes

2 Likes
3 Likes