Sonic Frontiers Thread (Hérissons Sans Frontières) [Sonic 06: The Trailer: The Game: Of The Wild]

I wouldn’t be mad about Wisps

Yeah tbf I think lost world was the only game where I was like ‘why are these here’. They were decent in Colours Wii and much better in Colours DS. Haven’t played Forces so I have no clue what they’re like there.

A little bit extraneous, but there was really only one or two places where needing to use them made me feel like they were being shoved down my throat. But honestly Sonic Forces was to me, purely about spectacle more than the real moment-to-moment gameplay.

2 Likes

multiple playable characters

1 Like

I think I need to indulge in the modern Sonics for a time. This child I teach will not stop talking about them and I need new material. (That’s not true actually. He appears to only play Sonic Adventure 2. He tells me about how Sonic runs and then holds his arms behind himself. He tells me about how Shadow runs and acts like he’s rollerblading. It’s nuts).

9 Likes

I can wholeheartedly recommend the IDW comics as a pleasant modern Sonic time.

2 Likes

If anyone hasn’t seen these from earlier in the year, the alleged play test descriptions here match the trailer fairly well and date back to August 2020 well before any of this was public.

https://gamerant.com/sonic-rangers-leaked/

Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

Game should have a dedicated Stopwatch button. If I could effortlessly record my best arbitrary Point A to Point B times I would smash the fucking share button on my PS4

3 Likes

9 Likes

Noted hater Jeff Gerstmann said this game showed very well behind closed doors so the froth is building

2 Likes

Real Xenoblade vibe, those environments.

3 Likes

Has anyone said… Breath of the Sonic yet?

Smells like chili dogs

5 Likes

I think I’m ready to play my first 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

1 Like

happy to delude myself into believing there’s been no Odyssey dlc or sequel because the elite, clandestine gaming-intelligence sect of Nintendo caught wind of the blue rodent’s unexpectedly credible plans of usurping the free-range joy-of-locomotion exploratory-platformer throne; re-dedicating themselves with renewed fervor towards continued dominance in an ever-shrinking, increasingly anachronistic micro-marketplace whatever the costs

6 Likes

I wonder whether Bowser’s Fury was originally meant as Odyssey DLC, but they then grafted it onto the 3D World rerelease to boost sales.

i’m more excited about this than i have been about a game in a while

who knows. has a very strong failed alpha vibe.

Where’s the CHAO

2 Likes

Chao Garden mobile game [monkey paw curls] exclusive to Apple Arcade

5 Likes

Everytime I see this thread title

4 Likes