SOMA and Personal Identity

SOMA is heavily discounted right now, to coincide with the announcement of Amnesia 3 (which I guess is one one of the two games that they announced were in the works a while back).

I don’t remember whether I mentioned this in another thread, but I did eventually play through SOMA a second time with safe mode on and I think the game is better with dangerous monsters. Even though, as I mentioned above, I found some of the encounters frustrating. (I think I complained about them to @Bee at the time.)

This has nothing to do with SOMA, but over the past few months I’ve been trying most of the horror offerings that support VR on PS4. Each one has been disappointing for different reasons, and I couldn’t help thinking that it wouldn’t be that difficult to make some of those games scarier. I wonder if they intentionally hold back so that more people will play them, or if they simply lack the creativity to do more with them.

VR support is supposed to be coming to Dreams soon. I could see that resulting in some quality VR horror experiences.

4 Likes