Share & Talk About Your Music

Since Lily and I just crunched through a project with a tight deadline I haven’t really gotten a chance to listen closely again to this guitar recording I made last Saturday until today. Now that I’ve done that I want to post it here. :cat:

In this recording you can hear my joy at being reunited with my favorite type of guitar pick (Jazz III).

This was brought about under auspicious circumstances. :panda_face: During the eclipse, I looked down on the ground and saw one of those picks, the red one you see here, covered in dirt beneath a patch of clover. So, I held it in my hand during the rest of the eclipse, and then brought it inside and scrubbed it really hard with soap and hot water in the sink to get the dirt out of all the fine crevices in the little letters on it, and then played my guitar for a bit and then got back to furiously doing our taxes (yaaaaaay that’s over). Then we were still really busy even post-taxes and I didn’t end up actually recording myself using the pick until I made this. I haven’t really gotten to use one of these picks (or like, any “real guitar pick,” just a dime) in a very long time and have been pining after them, so it felt genuinely magical to find one in the dirt while the eclipse was happening.

1 Like