Share and talk about your visual art

I just recently went from taking a day per page to taking two days per page and it’s been the best thing I’ve ever done for the comic and my mental and physical health. : D

1 Like

this is a great strategy for making things. music, games, visual art, whatever. iteration makes the process so much better.

3 Likes

I mean an illustration typically takes me 1-2 weeks. And I know I usually work in colour and such but I almost cannot imagine working any faster than that (and that’s two weeks of a full time schedule). I definitely think you should give yourself whatever time you need to do what it is you’re going for, and don’t be afraid to take a couple stabs at something if it’s not working out the first time, especially with a break in between if you can manage

2 Likes

love the clarity of action in the middle three panels

2 Likes

hey thanks for the messages! I rarely get, uh, “engagement metrics” on my comics. I credit taking more time to the fact that I had a 3 day weekend. So comic quality should pick up sometime around labor day…

1 Like

I was working on these as I was having the asthma attack that landed me in the hospital.

12 Likes

Those are pretty damn sweet

1 Like

Thanks. Unfortunately, nobody in a position to hire and pay me for this kind of work ever seems to think so.

17 Likes

numb vivy doodles

15 Likes

I was digging through some of my belongings the other week and found some sketchbooks from when i was a kid, and found this from when i was like 12:

and i thought it kinda owned? and that it would be fun to try to make this drawing but like, now:

26 Likes

this rules

1 Like

gremlin nomad is a fantastic name for a dungeon synth band

11 Likes

i haven’t shared any game stuff i’ve been doing. i turned a platformer concept with bomb jack/psychic 5 style jumping and floating into a top-down shooter/dungeon crawler because the jumping parts kind of sucked, but i still needed to do something with a game that features multiple playable characters.

23 Likes

i’m so captivated by the look of top-down games, but somehow i never want to play them

1 Like

feeling burnt out by everything else so been trying to spend more time doodling again

22 Likes

Last of the proxy assets is out! Wooooooo

Still a ton more props and the entire dungeon floor area to fill out, but it’s nice to have the final archways and big pillars in. Performance is already noooot great (Lumen and VSMs are pretty much the culprit here) but it’s an art scene so who cares

13 Likes

nobody’s got anything running fast with Lumen right now, I think

3 Likes

I’m sort of amazed that they shipped 5.0 with their major features basically unshippable? It does make me wonder if they’re ever actually going to figure it out

1 Like

our tech artist turned off Temporal Super Resolution in a huff last night

I’m surprised they flipped the switch to release. Why not just keep calling it beta, especially since nobody’s going to ship with this for at least nine months?

Here’s hoping they get more efficient, because so much of the engine has required burning the ships so we can’t go back. No more tesselation! Because you’re expected to use Nanite. But we need to run at 60fps…

2 Likes