Share and talk about your visual art

yeah this is very much my first time doing a palette on this scale, so i was very much working out my flow as i went. i’m glad me working through my own process could help you!

1 Like

digging a little deeper into this, bit by bit, getting inspired by bits of architectural thought i’ve been encountering lately and recontextualizing my old work with a strong lean in a direction that is beginning to feel like “dreams of spaces”

still exploring the balance i want to have: distressing vs calming, concrete vs abstract…having a great time with art for the first time in years. i remember in the past my film photos were described to me as “photographs of a dream” or “what memory looks like” and i’d like to find a way into that space again but from a different angle

these photos don’t all fit together by any means…i’m just “sketching” rn

23 Likes

sodium gloaming

a favorite moodspace

6 Likes

the decline of sodium lamps is my personal modern tragedy

yaru these all own but this one specifically

tricked my perception on first glance into thinking it depicted like a shining monolith or something. king shit

5 Likes

thank you for the thoughts! that sense of disorientation is one that doesn’t come quite so naturally to me (i prefer photographs with a calm to them) but it’s a thread i want to pull on further

i’m destroyed by the decline of sodium vapor lamps myself in the same way i was by the discontinuation of the high-speed slide film provia 400x back in 2012 – it’s the end of a palette i love to see the world through

4 Likes

given that sodium lamps’ whole character was due to them being essentially monochromatic, and given that i’m fairly sure most LEDs are monochromatic, i want to believe that there’s still options for us

3 Likes

Mmm whole grain
Make me miss my toy camera experiments.

1 Like

16 Likes

Would like to play this Neverhood expansion

1 Like

I mean I had a game idea I’d been kicking around for a while that kinda was like this but for a lot of reasons I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Turns out claymation on that scale is a lot of work, even when you think you’ve found ways to theoretically make it easier.

1 Like

I really love this

1 Like

Guess who’s still playing both sides

Pretty good don’t you think

The album can be found here

I think the art and the music are a pretty good fit.

23 Likes

[staind voice] it’s been a while since i’ve done any sprite art that wasn’t related to slimegirl in some way

preview

15 Likes

Just drew this tonight for no reason. Dragonsphere propaganda.

6 Likes

spent the past couple days messing around with making games on an actual nes (via nesmaker), which is why i drew new sprite work. for the most part, i got it. unfortunately, i cannot for the life of me get a hud to appear on screen. five hours and following literally every tutorial later, still nothing. but until i can figure out what’s wrong, because lol at google being useful in 2021, i’ve got these screens.

18 Likes

birthday pixels for @aislesgrises

anita portrait trans

17 Likes

Happy Birthday @aislesgrises!!!

4 Likes

16 Likes

wth these rip dogs

love a chunky thigh, wow

1 Like

Going to try making a comic not sure when I will ever have ideas again though:

5 Likes